New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Is there anyway you could confirm fitment? I want some that sit a little lower.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If the factory seat mounts are utilized with an adaptor, ANY aftermarket bucket seat will sit high. I have tried to make something similar to these and just couldnt get the seats to feel like I was sitting on top of the car instead of in it. Currently, with the brackets I made and no adjusters on my Sparco Speed seats, I can barely see over the dash. If I utilized the Sparco adjusters, I would sit just right for everyday driving IMHO.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: racerx
If the factory seat mounts are utilized with an adaptor, ANY aftermarket bucket seat will sit high. I have tried to make something similar to these and just couldnt get the seats to feel like I was sitting on top of the car instead of in it. Currently, with the brackets I made and no adjusters on my Sparco Speed seats, I can barely see over the dash. If I utilized the Sparco adjusters, I would sit just right for everyday driving IMHO.
Heh, i remember riding along with you in columbus and thinking "Damn do i feel like a midget".

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
I use the brackets that corbeau makes for the Contour... they are pretty damn close to being perfect since im 5'10" tall :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yes, as RacerX stated, his custom brackets are a low ride, but like he said, it feels more like youre on the car then in it. Mine are quite low as well, but no where near as low as his. His really are comfy tho and you still can see over the dash. Mine are perfect for me and Im 6 1 whereas hes a lil shorter but his are still lower and still make for a great look with functionability as long as it isnt for everyday driving.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
yeah, brians are comfy, except for the fact that he makes you sit on the hard, angled, sharp, seat belt buckles :tongue:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts