New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the demon eyes so eventually i'm gonna have to reseal them, but i accidently broke the seal on one of my turn signals. I searched through and read on some things but i have a few questions.
first off, i need high temp sealant, but i should also make sure its waterproof correct?
and second, i read that some people sealed and still had condensation, and others reccomended taking the backs off, and that makes no sense to me. I just wanna make sure i do it right so i'm not blowing bulbs left and right after i do all of this.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Just seal them up with some sealant -- high temp really isn't required, but it's recommended to be safe. If you leave a pin-hole sized air pocket in the sealant, you will get condensation, so you're better off just running backless, anyways, to keep the inside of the lights looking good.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what does everyone mean when they say running them backless??, are you talking the back cover of the lights??

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i have heard that heating your lights in an oven will also prevent them from getting condensation..that is heating them and then sticking them back together..get the old sealent all wamr and gooy like and then bam stick them together..that is what the guy buildingthe demon eyes said to do anyway..

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
yes...thats another option u can do

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would still think you'd need to add more sealant though??

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
the only question i have for heating these is how hot and for how long??i would hate like hell to have my lens start to bubble..

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
werd:smoke-t: did you order the demon eyes too??

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
nope i just made some angel eyes though...will be going in soon just waiting on four more led's...cant afford the 180 US for a headlight upgrade...rather get coils or exhaust or somethin..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts