New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with some knowledge on this.

I was wondering can I tune more than one vehicle with this or does the unit have to stay plugged into the vehicle to get the performance upgrades? I was thinking about getting one and using it for the cougar for my mods and then using for the escape I was looking at getting for my wife to get her some better gas milage.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
im pretty sure its vehicle specific...

Info

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
pimp-tastic.....add this to the list of items to purchase.....

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
yeah i just picked up one of those woot!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
can u have different tunes saved on it and load it for per-say track tune , nos tune or whatever else........

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
I'm not sure. I know they sell four position chips so if you had the chip buner version you could switch on the fly. The flasher version might not let you but it is possible that it lets you save different tunes on the computer you are using to tune with so you could load it up at the track if you wanted.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
or just keep the laptop and download/upload to it ?anyone on here using one?

·
Registered
593 Posts
What about the S-AFC 2 ?? Can I use the x-cal2 on jdm cars ? S-AFC2 is universal... is the x-cal2 the same ? or we are limited to ford vehicules ?

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
the x-cal 2 is for OBD 2 cpus only check the website

from the website
the XCalibrator 2 can be programmed to work on any ODB-II equipped Ford vehicle from 1994-2005.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
That's rather interesting ... OBD-II was required by law in 1996+ vehicles and I know a few 1995's had it in place before the law required it, but I have never heard of a 1994 model year car having OBD-II :shrug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.