Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
thats exactally what I was thinking, looks like the GTO

Also looks like this Holden

If I recall, Chevy makes Holden. So Chevy and Ford make two cars that look very similar IMO

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
GM fans got the Monaro/GTO, it would only be fair for Ford to bring us a US version of the Falcon.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've really liked the GTO ever since I saw it on some weekly car show. If you debadge it and the person doesn't know to much about other cars, it is such a sleeper. It doesn't look like a "fast car" but it has something like 350 hp. Plus the inside is kick a$$.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It'd be nice if Ford brought it over, but I don't think they ever will. I don't think they'd every let anything in their lineup de-throne the mustang, which the Falcon looks like it could do.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yep, Ford loves the mustang so much its disgusting.

it still sells though... i see them more than honda civics around here now a days...

·
Registered
832 Posts
When I was car shopping I could have gotten a same year V6 Mustang for slightly less than the cost of a V6 Cougar. That's the main reason I got an I4 cougar, cause it was $3k cheaper than the V6 and looked way better than the Mustang.

My 95 V6 Mustang is still the benchmark with which I'll measure all my other cars from. It was real comfortable to drive, nice seats. The steering felt real tight. And at barely 150 crank hp, I power slided through turns(not on purpose) twice. My Coug falls short in several categories. First the power wasn't there with the stock I4, that's why I turbo'd it. Second the ride is not as soft as the Mustang and the seats aren't as comfortable. The steering does feel real tight on the Coug and looks wise, the Coug blows the old and new mustang away. If it was just AWD and had a turbo standard it'd be perfect.

Once news of the GTO broke I started surfing Aussie car maker websites and the kind of vehicles they got down there are sick. One of the lower models of the Falcon used to have a I6 turbo.

You're right Ford doesn't want to compromise stang sales. That's also what's keeping them from making the Focus any faster, and I'm sure what lead them to bury the Cougar. Ford's on it's last legs. Young kids want fast small CHEAP cars and the Mustang isn't getting any smaller and the new model probably won't come with IRS standard. If Ford was smart, one of the models of the new Stang would have a turbo version of the new duratec 2.3L, sort of a modern day SVO. Hell, even GM is making CAVALIERS with factory supercharger versions.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
There is a guy in Orlando with a 2003 Lumina with a LS1 in it... not sure if its the aussie car but on radials he went 12.9...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts