New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave,
Do you know if there is any way to get scratches out of a windshield? Someone smashed a beer bottle on my windshield last night and it left a lot of small scratches on it. Doesn't look like they are too deep but it is noticable and I really don't want to get a new one.

Thanks

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
they smashed a beer bottle on your car.... man i would be smashing that guys forhead with a beer bottle.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Belive me if I saw who did it they would have not made it very far. I was at Eastern visiting a friend and at the end of the night when I got out to my car I noticed it. Lucky for me the paint only has 3 small scratches on it that I can buff out. I can't belive people would do stupid **** like this

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
No prob. As long as they arnt too deep I can buff them out. Usually when glass hits glass it more or less scuffs it rather then scratching... it may sound like no diff but it makes alot of diff when polishing. If you can feel them with your fingernail.. like your nail seems to fall into the scratch when you pass over it... its very hard to polish those out... Dunno its imposible to say without seeing. I have a horid memory so if you can just nag me a bit before our next meet Ill remember to bring the kit. Shouldnt take more then 10-15 minutes either. Man... sorry to hear about the car... that really sucks. Ill be able to carry a pistol come July... I dont know If I could resist shooting some fool doing somthing like that to my car. Heh.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Dave-what can be used to polish clear plastic? My pager for my car and cell phone displays are all scratched from being in my pockets. Like would a jewelers rouge work?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks Dave, I'll be out of town this Friday and Saturday but I'm free the rest of the week if anyone wants to meet.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
hrmm.. dunno about plastic... we have some plastic polish we use on occasion... other then that... if it does not work... you would have to use ultra fine sandpaper to pull out the deep scratches and then polish it back up with a liquid abrasive. Either way Im by no means an expert on plastics. Ill ask around though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.