·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't think to much of it. To me it looks like Toyota copying BMW.:thumbsdn:

·
Registered
558 Posts
scion anything....:puke:
remember the commercial with the cardboard box cars, thats what scion reminds me of

edit: i have to take that back on the tc. i just looked it up, i had never seen it before. the tc isnt bad looking, the other models....see comments above.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by: 2000CUGR
scion anything....:puke:
remember the commercial with the cardboard box cars, thats what scion reminds me of

edit: i have to take that back on the tc. i just looked it up, i had never seen it before. the tc isnt bad looking, the other models....see comments above.
Thats exactly what I thought until I went to the site. Do some research on it. You can get it supercharged to get 220 hp. All this for under 20k. Sure its a toyota but you can't beat that price.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
it looks nice, but it doesnt have ONE original bit of styling to it...

but then again, thats the norm for 99% of all japanese cars.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yea it is "sigh-on" i just saw a video from an auto show. here's pics:

not bad, but I think we can all agree its not too original.

Mike

·
Registered
352 Posts
The problem with the first two Scion's (xA and xB) was that there were copies of the japanese version. The Tc however, was designed for America. Much more enjoyable to the eyes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
the styling is very 1996. blah...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok. Please, someone who has actually read about this thing respond to the thread. Respond with stuff like what you think of the engine. Thanks.

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
The engine is just the ordinary Camry I4, nothing exotic. Seems like a decent car, just not very exciting (like most Toyotas).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agreed. The fact that it is a Toyota is my biggest reservation about this car. You have to admit the way Scion will be doing things is pretty cool though. Such as being able to customize the car at the dealer. The sunroof is huge! As for the interior style it is alittle plain but then again what do you expect for under $20k. I like the flip up cover for the head unit. The thing I like about the engine is the supercharger. A good v-6 would still be my choice. All around I think this car would be nice but I'll probably wait for an American company to make a car that I like. Probably a Mustang when they put that 3.5 duratec in it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts