New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this? Too good to be true??

eBay Link

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
It's not a scam... it tells you right there they are just furnishing you with INFO. They tell you where to buy that screen, with the starting bid at $0.99, but what cracks me up is the buy it now for $24.99. :rofl:

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's another one listed with the buy it now for $15 and you can buy it for $150, but that's part of what concerns me. It would rock to be able to get that component for $150, but it has to be hot, you know?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I truthfully don't think I would ever pay money for "information" that I don't even know is correct or not. I mean what if when you pay and you win or what not, the guy sends you to a website somewhere, and they say the site no longer exists...or something like that. But I mean, to each his/her own, so if you wanna try it then go ahead. It is only a dollar, so it's not like you'd be out that much money. Let us know...if you try it...if it works.

Z (jason)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'm not sure if THAT one is true, but there are some out there that are true! My brother-in-law, he sells "info links" on eBay all the time, they're legit.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
FYI, read what the auction says exactly:

this auction is for the info on where to purchase the matrix list for this item for only $69.99
Now, read that carefully...

Now, a matrix list is a listing of matrix websites that you can purchase items from at discount prices.

So this is an auction that gives info on where to purchase a list where you can purchase a screen.

So you're paying for info that shows you where to pay for more info that shows you where to buy a screen... scam.

E1

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
yes for example if you go to a site like www.matrix4all.com it has a list of different items you can get by buying certain things usually an "e-book" which has a bunch of useless crap in it...the catch is you buy an e-book for, in this case 69.99 and they send you a bunch of email and some stuff in the mail...then your name is put on a what is known as a matrix list...there are thousands of different lists and way they can work..it is a lot like a pyramid scheme but is legal and everyone benefits basically.....so now your name is on this list...depending on the item and the cost of said item there will be a cycle list of a certain length...for this item it is probably about 20....so if you are first on the list and 19 people sign on behind you then you recieve the item (in dash dvd in this case) now for the next person to get an item an additoinal 19 more people have to sign up...an so on down the list if you are say 20 on th elist chances are they will end the deal before you can win but they should refund your money or put it toward a similar item..but if you are 20 on the list then for you to get the item 400 more people would have to sign up under you..the way they make money is say the dvd costs 1000 dollars to buy in stores...you as the seller would figure out a way to break it down to make it cheap for the guy who wants it but expensive enough that you make money too...so for a 1000$ dvd at 69.99 a person you would need 15 people to cover the cost of it therefore you make the cycle length 17 and you make $140 and the first person on the list gets a dvd player..hope that explains it

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info all! I think I'll pass and save up the $$! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
dont get me wrong a matrix list is a wicked way to get stuff cheap...BUT it has to be stuff in high demand, it has to be cost effective and it has to have a short cycle length, and you have to be one of the first two or three people on the list...most of guys selling the INFO on EBAY are already one the list and want more people to sign up so they can get their item and at the same time make back some of their money..more then likely by the time you find it on ebay orsomething like that the list is already too long to make it work your while..

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a very good point! One guy had the info sale listed on there like 10 or 15 times. That's definitely not the kind of matrix to get hooked up with!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
wow. sounds complex, yet simple, and probably pretty effective. someone was pretty smart to think that matrix thing up lol.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
yeah like kinda alluded to earlier..it is based on a pyramid scheme only not just the guy at the top gets rich..but everyone get theirs...however you just have to wait a long while...hehehhe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts