New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have had enough of the cougars crappieness for one lifetime. I had a lot of fun with it, but now as the mileage keeps rising more and more problems are arising that i dont want to deal with. Moonroof broken, DPFE sensor, tranny starting to go, and other random engine problems, and the weak performance it has. Just thought i would say bye to yall and sorry for never making it out to a meet. Im considering on an SRT4, Stealth Twin Turbo, RSX, or Celica GTS. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
wow.. sorry to hear that. I'm having tons of problems with my car right now as well.. DPFE Sensor, Starter, Sunroof, Brakes, and the engine shutting down in the middle of driving... But I'm sticking with her! I've made a promise to myself that I'm never going to sell the cougar. It's my first car, so I will cherish her. Besides, it's still under warranty..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry to hear it. It was nice meetin' you though that one time when i made you pull over:thumbsup:
Good luck with your next car. See ya round!

Kevin

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
rock on brota.

Celica GTS - a Toyota Cougar - with no problems... so if you want a car that runs - get that :) -- not much else to say - it's not as fast as people think due to HORRIBLE gear ratios that make it run like a champ 0-60 but HORRID in the 1/4 :(... with mods tho, it can be made fast - whatever you do, DO NOT GET A CELICA GT!! they are so slow.

RSX - slower then GTS (so runs like a turtle :)). RSX-S is one nice little car - it's got so much power up top you would not believe it, and if you can drive it right - you can run hi 14's with that :)... but I recommend a spoiler as a first mod

SRT-4 - a car for the ideal sexist - woman's appeal, man's balls - nuff said.

Stealth = your twin champion in this ball game - being the "no namer" 3000GT, this car has enough potential to own the streets... and I don't mean like FnF where they run 15's - I mean the real streets where they actually do run 10's ;)

good luck with that :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would say go with something new. Chances are with that stealth, your getting it from some idiot thats used and abused. Same goes for other cars as well, but depending on mileage and condition, you may have to spend upward of 12-15 for a used R/T, when you might as well spend an the difference and get something you know is going to work out for you. That being said, first would be the RSX type s, nice car, great engineering, not too pricey. The base rsx is a little sluggish but still classy with some sport. The srt 4 is new and may have some bugs in it still who knows with these first gen attempts plus with that turbo you could get into some trouble :) , and also puts on the extra strain. As for the celica, eh, ah, i dunno, nothin too special there and for a new gt-s your talking 24-26. Also take insurance into conisderation.
Nick

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
crossay provides good information :thumbsup:

but I do believe that insurance will put a big one in your ass on any new "sporty" like car you buy... so it's more or less an issue of what you really wnat yourself.. becuase on all those cars, your insurance will be horrid - but I doubt your cougar insurance was very good - mines the worst...

$475 EVERY MONTH - down from $755

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarGT
Stealth's are boat anchors...........check the weight of them, its gross :(
damn, it's too bad they didn't exist when the titanic crashed.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
so what we got here is a collaboration of a good time....

a Stealth - the oversized piece that has to stand out - therefore must be loud and obnoxious at all times
a SRT-4 - a feminized car with a man's balls - reminds me of Michael Jackson
a RSX-S - fast, nice, luxurious and fairly priced - but damn Baby Got Back!
a Celica GTS - vastly annoying in price - the "my daddy owns a Lexus so I want a fake one" car.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the replies and i am going to miss the cougar and you guys (even though i met only two of ya) I appreciate your helping me decide the replacement. I found a stealth RT TT for 12500 with decent miles and was owned by this rich doctor so that is looking good but im really leaning at an SRT4.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
that's awesome... I hope you have better luck with the next car man.

i find it very odd that so many people have TONS of problems with their cougars and mine with 91k on it has had almost none :shrug:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Originally posted by: dv6cougar
Originally posted by: CougarGT
Stealth's are boat anchors...........check the weight of them, its gross :(
damn, it's too bad they didn't exist when the titanic crashed.
an anchor wouldn't have helped the titanic from going down :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts