New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember when I first bought my car I was tossing around the idea of a wood dash over white, with an all white interior. I came to my senses and realized that I am not driving a top of the line BMW. I remember looking for pictures for awhile with only a few results. So here is oneeBay Motors: Mercury : Cougar (item 320171712435 end time Oct-24-07 18:44:59 PDT)
One thing I did find is a whole lot of opinions on it, rather than pictures. I'm just glad that I thought it through.:crazy:

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
lol, a wood dash is just as it sounds... an indulgence in luxury.

first off applying adhesive plastic is NOT going to give you that look.

And even if it was real wood, that would just be a starting point before you would have a 'luxury' interior.

lol, I'm going to indulge myself in reposting the same photos of my wood dash project that I've been posting the last 2 years....

practice attempt at a sculpted butcher block dash insert [just because I've never seen anyone do anything close to this]... turned out pretty good.

and heres the wood thats actually going to be used. been drying this block for 3 years now, its definitely ready for cutting.

my hvac knobs... which at this point arent actually going to be used. the a/c has already been removed and the heat is going soon too... 8 years and I can say they've only been used on a handful of occasions.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
I wish someone would tell Lincoln that. :disgust:
ya I know what you mean... its like hmmmm, well we've been using wood for over 30 years, but its kinda expensive, ehhh, what the hell, no one will notice if we just replace it with plastic.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
ya I know what you mean... its like hmmmm, well we've been using wood for over 30 years, but its kinda expensive, ehhh, what the hell, no one will notice if we just replace it with plastic.
Its not so bad with the interior I have, but with a gray or black interior, its pretty awful. And I have the steering wheel and gearshift knob that is leather-wrapped as well, so that helps. Its still kinda shudder-worthy though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.