New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen one of these?

I found out that the Ford dealership up the street is a Saleen dealership. This is the same one that had the Ford GT. They have one of these Saleen Focus' there. I have to say I was pretty impressed.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
About a year ago when i was looking for a Ford Ranger i found a dealership that had like almost all models of Saleen's and one there was a Focus. It had a body kit and N2O... Thats all that i can really remember since it was a year ago. Also if you use the N2O you void your warranty!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Originally posted by: MaverickFlyer
Originally posted by: YOSLVR442
not bad lookin at all!! pretty nice for a focus
But its still a Focus! :rolleyes:
Very much so!!! Just like if you have a Civic- You still have to wake up in the morning knowing you drive a Honda Civic! :rofl:

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
One of my buds shop has one along with every other saleen made. Its sessy!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
yeah, when we get them in at my work the whole car hast to be checked over, even for an oil change. if the n2o is hooked up, it goes into a nation database, and when the car is written up at a dealership, it will come up as warenty voided

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Being an SRT-4 driver I love hearing the "It's just a (insert car)" comments......

One thing it reminds me of that I saw on someone's sig on the srt forums......is an STI "Just a Impreza".....an Evo is "Just a Lancer".....an SRT-4 is "Just a Neon" and this Saleen Focus is....."Just a Focus" :rofl:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Originally posted by: Loyalty
Being an SRT-4 driver I love hearing the "It's just a (insert car)" comments......

One thing it reminds me of that I saw on someone's sig on the srt forums......is an STI "Just a Impreza".....an Evo is "Just a Lancer".....an SRT-4 is "Just a Neon" and this Saleen Focus is....."Just a Focus" :rofl:
this is exactly how i feel. the people that "rice" their cars out make the car in general look bad. there is nothing wrong with an STI/Honda/SRT-4...as long as it is fast. that is all that matters! (or if it looks sweet!)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I actually like it....I'd drive it.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The difference is in the Saleen focus if you use the Nitrous you void your warrenty.... where as the SRT or Lancer if you use your turbo its ok.

Other than the nitrous there are realy no other engine performance modifications:

"Horsepower 150 bhp @ 5750 rpm (225 bhp with nitrous)
Torque 150 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm (250 lb-ft with nitrous) "

Thats actually 20 HP less than then SVT focus

"Horsepower: 170 hp @ 7000 rpm
Torque: 145 lb.-ft. @ 5,500 rpm "

Basically your paying for a body kit and cosmetic modifications

G

·
Originally posted by: OSUStallion
The difference is in the Saleen focus if you use the Nitrous you void your warrenty.... where as the SRT or Lancer if you use your turbo its ok.

Other than the nitrous there are realy no other engine performance modifications:

"Horsepower 150 bhp @ 5750 rpm (225 bhp with nitrous)
Torque 150 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm (250 lb-ft with nitrous) "

Thats actually 20 HP less than then SVT focus

"Horsepower: 170 hp @ 7000 rpm
Torque: 145 lb.-ft. @ 5,500 rpm "

Basically your paying for a body kit and cosmetic modifications

Basically just goes to show how retarded Ford is.

And supports a prime reason why Im going to own a Toyota instead :biggrin:

·
is a pop sensation
13,675 Posts
How is Ford retarded? It's Saleen that's adding a body kit, a few suspension mods, intake and an exhaust and then jacking the price way up.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: OSUStallion
Yes but on the same token the Stage upgrades void the SRT warrenty.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
All you Ford lovers don't need to get upset that Ford doesn't support the sport compact scene, try to get aftermarket support, or make anything worth a [censored] for comepeting in it.

Dodge = SRT-4
Chevy = Cobalt SS
Saturn = Ion Redline
Subaru = WRX and STI
Mitsu = EVO
VW = GTI
Honda = Civic SI
Aucura = RSX-S

Ford has what the SVT focus??? That car is a joke. They lose value faster than rabbits hump.

Face it Ford sucks when it comes to supporting or gaining support for a quick sport compact car. All they care about is the Mustang and making sure it sells as many units as possible.

G

·
Originally posted by: sonza68
How is Ford retarded? It's Saleen that's adding a body kit, a few suspension mods, intake and an exhaust and then jacking the price way up.
Read Prez's post above.

I go to a Ford dealership and what do I see? I sea of Mustangs , Explorers, and Expeditions. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but until im 60 and needing a grocery getter, im never looking to Ford for another car.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.