New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at the ford dealership pciking up a part and i saw a saleen on the showroom floor

I was like damn since when do they make those and the parts guy was like i dont i just saw it yesterday but its crazy

After i got the part, I went out and looked at it and it comes stock with nitrious looks like a great like car but i cant get over the fact that the svt has more Hp than the saleen

i was also surpised it wasnt supercharged but it does come with nitrious so i guess it the only car with a warranty that you can use nitirious
Here are some pics and stats:
Click Here
Later,
Steve

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Thats one sweet looking focus minus the hood scoop.

23K is way to much for anyfocus unless it has a V8 in it.

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
The nitrous must be a new thing, the one I saw last year only had an exhaust and intake to go with the body kit and suspension.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
LOL if they warantee it with nitrous just go get some 125 or 150 jets and when [censored] blows up go put the 75 jets back and get your new engine. [censored] you could do that all year long! LOL

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by: Prez
LOL if they warantee it with nitrous just go get some 125 or 150 jets and when [censored] blows up go put the 75 jets back and get your new engine. [censored] you could do that all year long! LOL
as long has you live to claim you waranty

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
and why wouldn;t you? a blown engine means a crap load of smoke 95% of the time. nothing more nothing less...as far as safety is concerned.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I don't mean run around town with 150 jets but at the track it would be fun to go balls to the wall with a 150 jet or 200 jet knowing you can throw the 75jets back in and take her back for the new engine/tranny/clutch... thats was a bad idea if they warantee that thing.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
exactly what I was thinking Zex.

Prolly use that blue chalk film, as soon as it's turned the stuff will crumble off and tell them right away that you were messing with it.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
my svt has the 6 speed tranny that the saleen does not :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much are svts verus the saleen

·
Administrator
11,556 Posts
Something tells me that maybe Ford approached Saleen to make their version of a Focus to compliment the SVT. Since Ford loves the Fukus so much it was only natural.

Saleen, known for making bad-ass, throaty V8 beasts looks at the 4 banger and says "WTF is this sh!t? Throw a N20 tank in it, slap on some stickers & a wing and call it a day."

What I'm saying is that this is a very un-Saleen like car for them to do.

F

·
0 Posts
Fords been beggin Saleen to do other stuff than the mustang for a while. I remember when they did a concept Saleen contour, it was pretty sweet and they also had (my personal favorite) a Saleen Windstar...oh yes...:hitit:

Contour Concept
Windstar Saleen

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
omg a windstar saleen thats all us men need - with that women will be cutting us off likes its there J-O-B

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
what's under the hood of the Saleen Windstar? I always thought souped up minivan was the ultimate street racer - no one ever suspect your 4000 lbs minivan can whup Civic ass.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts