New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sick that when you try to keep something nice, somebody has to either steal it or vandalize it. I'm learning the hard way but I guess an ugly car is the way to go.

Here's how I found my car yesterday evening going out of the movie theater. Driver side glass in 1000 pieces, dented "A" pillar from prying the window out, and a bunch of wires coming out of the openings with no stereo goodies anymore.

Picture 1

Picture 2

I was always very careful to not let any of the stereo components in plain view, but I guess the general theme of the car had to give some hints that there has to be good stuff in it. Just feel lucky they didn't ripped the SAFC out, otherwise I would not have been able to drive back home without a soldering job (after midnight).

Looks like I'll be good for a insurance premium increase (again).

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
i wouldn't worry too much about the premium increase.... ont gov't is passing law to cap insurance premiums (it's about time)....

i have been able to make a claim on my wife's car, and premiums have only gone down since..... if your premiums do go up, it's time to call another company

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
damn that just makes me ill. people need to learn respect for other peoplest stuff... just because they can't affod some boom boom doesn't mean they should mess with your stuff to take it

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm sorry Thierry, you had a very tight set up. What kind of headunit did you have? I hope insurance takes care of you bud, and let me know if you need any help taking a bat to the guys face if u find him. Otherwise, I think I'm going to invest in a nice alarm system.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so Canada isnt so safe after all..........

****Note to self.... never go to a movie in Canada

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I'm very sorry Thierry. I had that happen to me once in my old car and I hadn't even modded it except the stereo. I know exactly what you're going through right now. I also learned to keep all my purchase receipts for everything too.

Now I'm paranoid about my car again....

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Sorry to see all that damage. I disconnected my trunk button for that reason alone. That way, only a cd player can be stolen easily.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sorry to hear about what happened Thierry. :( Hopefully insurance will take care of it and not hurt you too bad for premiums for the future.

Isn't it ironic that the dent in the A-pillar and the glass will probably cost more to fix than the stereo equipment that was lifted...

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Thierry, if you need any assistance with any resetting up or reinstalling, don't hesitate to ask me to give you a hand, I'm more than happy to help you out. I haven't even had 2 seconds to look at that amp you gave me but if I can get it going I'll give it back to you for your car.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Please don't get a ugly car Thierry! Don't give jerks like that the satisfaction that they won. I hope they catch the creep or creeps that did this.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. Ron: I'm not even sure I want to put another system. I would really like to but I don't feel like getting in the same trouble down the road in few months. On the other hand, I don't really enjoy the crappy sound of the Ford radio I had. So I'm basically debating between re-installing a new system with an alarm system (which I know that it doesn;t change much things anyway) or find back a Ford CD player on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I tried repairing the amp. I see no physical damage and no damage to the traces so it's puzzling the hell out of me. I'm probably going to give up on it soon but if I do get it going, I'll give it back to you.

Well I still have my stock player, I was debating keeping it, but due to the permanent changes I made to my I/P, I'd be willing to sell it cheap. $35?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts