New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today rust forming the door wells near the hinges, and on the pinch lip under the car. Even though I live in Buffalo (NY) and we get a lot of snow, the car is always rinsed off, so I know the salt isn't the one causing this problem. Does anyone else notice rust formation anywhere on their Coug?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have been pleasantly suprised to see that there is no rust on my car as of yet... I use my car as a daily driver, and I would have thought I would have this problem already since I have a 99 - but it has held up well. Before winter, I always give my car a double coat of wax... Maybe that is what is keeping it in good condition.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
I have been pleasantly suprised to see that there is no rust on my car as of yet... I use my car as a daily driver, and I would have thought I would have this problem already since I have a 99 - but it has held up well. Before winter, I always give my car a double coat of wax... Maybe that is what is keeping it in good condition.
Look underneath at the bottoms of both fenders and tell me there isn't any rust :biggrin:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't have my owners manual in front of me, but I'm pretty sure it's 5 years or xx,000 miles (50,60?). But from past Ford products I've had, I know it is a rust-through warranty, and doesn't cover surface rust. If you are still in the 3 yr /36k bumper to bumper, they usually would cover surface rust with that.

Chuck

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I have some rust bubbles under the paint in the lower part of my door jam right next to the chrome metal plate. My car just rolled over 50k, and I bought it second hand from a mercury dealership is this still covered. What about pits in the clear coat, my door has all kinds of pits in the clear coat.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
FYI, all rust warranties are for perforation. That means the rust is so bad, there's a whole in your door! ;) Btw, 01blkcat, you live in Buffalo, eh? Alright... you're my new US parts runner to Toronto (or Niagara Falls, ON). We'll do it one 2-4 of Molson per transaction! ;) Haha... Actually, got another user on here to drive in a new set of rims and tires for me from upstate New York.. can't tell you how much I saved on that one. DTD's free delivery to his place, and no tax! Yee-haw! Later, I visited his place in Rochester... picked up my stock tires and rims that he had driven back in on, and declared them at the border as snows that I bought for $100. hahaa.

Massiv.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.