New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I have an 02 cougar and I want to have it so my lights arent always on. As of now the night lights seem to be the same as the running lights when the dial is switched one over from its initial position. All it does is turn on the interior display lights. Then the last turn makes the same lights a little brighter. So I was woundering if there is a HOW TO disable the lights when the dial is in its first position and have the headlights lights only come on when you turn the dial to turn on the interior display lights?

G

·
if you are refering to daytime running lights...aka the parking lights on all the time...its just a matter of getting a relay from autozone or wherever and putting it in the slot....there is already the place for it in the fuse box...mine is done..all of 2mins worth a work

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks guys....

To the last post, I just dont like having the lights on all the time....I mean I can understand only 1 set of the lights came on during the day. But my daytime lights (all 4 and the corners going strong) seem to be the same as my night lights (all 4 and the corners going strong) when I turn the switch over one for my interior display. And if I move it all the way, it just makes the lights a bit brighter.

·
Registered
656 Posts
There is no DRL relay. It uses a resistor if I remember right. Just disconnect the plug to the resistor, and the low beams will go out. The parking lights stay on though. I like the look of the parking lights on only. The resistor is located under the battery.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: Housecat
There is no DRL relay.
I will correct you. There IS a drl relay. I've got one sitting in my glovie right now after removing it. On second thought, it may not be a relay, it might be a fuse, but its definately not a resistor.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it has been done. Exciting heh. Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it. Its a lot better now, I have control over my lights...There is an off, yay.

But yeah, I am 99.9 sure its a fuse (yellow 20A i believe) just to maybe clear things up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.