New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rq: Remocal of Rt. Side Air Vent on Dash

My dash is now completely removed, but I can't seem to get the right side air vent on the dash removed. Can anyone quickly explain how?

Thanks guys!
Darrell.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
the round vent or the square one above the round vent? Because nobody's ever been able to successfully tell my how to get that stupid vent off for painting.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The round one, 99CouG.

Thanks Funkboy!

G

·
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
the round vent or the square one above the round vent? Because nobody's ever been able to successfully tell my how to get that stupid vent off for painting.

Mike
The square vent is a pita. I just removed glove box, then removed all the heater ducting behind and there is a torx#20 screw head. It is VERY tough to manuver but i did it. Just remove that screw and it comes right out. BTW it was less than 20 degrees when i did it so i hope your weather is better.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yea I took out the glove box one day and was looking at it, and was wondering how to get that screw out...leave it to Ford to make you rip out heater ducting to get to a stupid screw that holds a tiny vent in place :banghead:

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a better answer to my question:

To remove the passenger side vent, you will need to get 2 flat head screw drivers and a flash light and point the flash light directly into the vent. You should see 2 clips that you must undo. After you accomplished this you will pull out on the vent and it should pop out. It takes some work but it should work after a while.

Thanks to DV6Cougar for that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.