New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the directions from Roush on how to install the front valences or can someone give me a detailed how to on how they installed their valences? Also what else besides screws did you use to keep the pieces on?...molding tape?

·
Registered
12,037 Posts
The only thing you need is the 3 screws that come with it, and the 3M double sided tape. They're pretty self explanatory. Make sure you clean the surface on the stock bumper so the tape sticks well, otherwise the tape will un-stick and they will bow out. Also mark where you'll have to drill the holes for the screws. Start from the inner fender, you 'll have to take off the front wheels so you can get proper leverage for putting in the screws, then with the tape on the front piece, just start pressing it on and work your way to the front. As your moving towards the front, you can put in the screw that hold the inner part of it on. Its best to have another pair of hands to do this. If your doing the rear also, IMO have a shop do it, it is a PITA. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what type screws do i use, just stainless screws? any length requirement or anything that makes them special that i should know about? do they get screwed into anything besides the bumper?...the pieces are originally from a molded roush bumper (valences molded to stock bumper), and i removed the valences, stripped and sanded for a few hours and got them close to new condition, had a shop finish cleaning them up and paint them...they look like brand new..

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If your even the slightest bit of mechanically skilled you can do this kit with someone helping you without a problem.

All it takes is patience, a friend, time, the screws and 3m tape that came with it. Take your time, do it right and it'll turn out great.

The rear isn't really a problem, if you have stock / aftermarket exhaust you'll almost definately (99.9999% chance) of need to get it redone so its closer together.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses, FrostCougar and Zip..:thumbsup:...these pieces were purchased used, so i do not have the 3M tape or the screws that were included...i have however purchased the highest grade 3m double sided, weather resistant, heavy duty exterior mounting tape that i've seen between a few stores, lol...my only questions are about the screws...is there anything special about the screws included from roush? is there anything the screws need to be screwed into besides the stock bumper? any length requirement on the screws?...any responses are welcome...i want to complete this project tomorrow morning, so if anyone has ANY input whatsoever on the install process or responses to my last questions, i would appreciate them...Thanks, Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.