New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this isn't a repost...this is a rarity...very sharp looking too! It says all the work done to this car was done in the roush factory, I guess that even means the neons. pretty cool.

ROUSH

Mike

·
Administrator
11,636 Posts
"Over 30,000$ has been invested into this one of a kind cougar"

Really. And where is it all? Hopefully he's not including the price of the cars sticker value in that. And the stuff he mentions is what you get when you buy a ROUSH Cougar...minus the neons & faux CF dash. I see an aftermarket HU...

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Maybe the car was used in smuggling operations and there's $30k tucked away somewhere hidden. He does have a really cool red light in the dash :shrug:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea I was wondering about that $30K too. That's pretty hard to believe, especially since there's no engine work done except an exhaust...which is probably just the pipe on the exhaust to move it over to fit the rear valence. Maybe when the car was made the price of the parts used directly from Roush were sky high :shrug: Still, it looks hot!

Mike

·
Registered
884 Posts
when they say 30k invested, maybe they mean the car was a 30k investment

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Not me, remember the Roush stage 2 was $5000 option new, so if he had a loaded cougar plus 5 it woudl approach 28,000 then maybe he installed a 2000 light in the dash. :)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by: Kinger
Not me, remember the Roush stage 2 was $5000 option new, so if he had a loaded cougar plus 5 it woudl approach 28,000 then maybe he installed a 2000 light in the dash. :)

cougars retailed for $23,000 when they first came out? wow...I remember seeing dealership sticker prices of $19-$21K on new 2002 cougs when I bought my '99...

Mike

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
My 2000 stickered at $21,395 and it wasn't fully loaded. If I would have added ABS, traction control, side airbags and a sunroof it would have been over 23K.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Yeah they got cheaper in the later years, mine stickered at 27K
and didn't have the sport package (had the Roush though:) )

·
Registered
293 Posts
I paid 30000.oo for mine in feb of 02. Fully loaded other than an atx. The sticker however was 32000.00 It is an 02 and i am from Canada. So that's like approx. 22695.00usd. for an 02 sport atx.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i'd have to ask skywalker what the original sticker was on my Roush. but i think i paid like... 21 for it. it sat on the lot for a couple years and the Roush kit ended up being freeeeeee. but i believe the Roush stage 2 packages were close to 5g's, easy.

but.... i did add quite a bit to it. ;)

damn i loved that car!!!!!!!

G

·
Wow! Some of you paid some serious cash for your cars. I paid $18,500 out the door for my 99 V-6 Cougar in December of 98.

As far as the Roush Cougar goes, other then seats that say Roush and some ground effects, what makes the Roush worth 5 grand more? Is there some performance enhancements? Looking at that guys picture on eBay, I don’t see a $30,000 car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts