New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has cancer and its been eating away at my soul as well as the rocker panels for a while.
This is the year I'm going to have to decide what to do about this car.

I understand finding a rust free car somewhere may be a little more cost effective than fixing this one, but I have done a lot of work that I would like to transfer over if I bought a new one, and I just dont have the facilities to do that right now as I'm living in an RV.

Does anyone have any rough idea on how much I should expect to shell out for rocker rust repair and repaint of the whole car? Theres one hole about the size of a baseball on the very bottom (like someone put the shoe from a lift through it:mad:), the rest is all still on the surface. No major repair work required anywhere else on the body.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just sent mine into the shop and had the rockers and typical rust on the rear quarters fixed along with the hatch. Basically half of the car repainted and it $2400. there is no replacement rockers so they had to fabricate them. They did a very nice job. Hope this helps. Oh and that shop is in Ohio.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's not horrible. Thank you.
If anyone else has data, keep it coming.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts