New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already looked at teh 1-2 bang shift, and I have the newer TSS so thats not the problem, but my 2002 cougar shifts hard, even under light acceleration. Also it downshifts when you let off the throttle n jerks very slightly(not a massive downshift). does anyone know what this could be? Under hard acceleration the car rocks back and forth, almost as if it doesnt like the first few grand of rpms in each gear, but once it gets b/t 3-5g rpm it pulls then 5-6g it sloshes again n same for the next gear, 1-3 g it bogs or something.... n the lights dim.... Can anyone help?

·
Registered
27 Posts
i am having this same problem now. so far i have changed out the imrc, idle air control valve, throttle posiion sensor, plugs and wires, cleaned the uim and lim with seafoam, replaced fuel filter, air filter, cleaned throttle body, had my transmission rebuilt in dec 04 problem started to happen about a month or so ago. also replaced the tss with the new one. i am at a loss to what the problem is.. any suggestions??

also i am not throwing any cel's

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: nightcat
i have the same problem and i took it to a tranny store and they said that my valve body was stuck
Sounds about right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.