New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
24,546 Posts
that's awesome. Sometimes when we're out driving somewhere and it seems a large number of motorists are pulling out in front of me, or cutting me off, or whatever; I'll start poking at the dummy buttons by the rear defogger and mumble about how I must have left the cloaking device on...
:stupid:

·
Administrator
24,546 Posts
Originally posted by: PacmanTravis
cough::damn trekkies::cough
Don't call me a Trekkie- they used cloaking devices in Star Wars, too :poke:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Originally posted by: Bennett9000
Actually no they didn't. The only mention of a cloaking device is in The Empire Strikes Back, when an Imperial officer states that "no ship that small has a cloaking device". An assumption which was correct. So there is a mention of a cloaking device in Star Wars, but you never actually hear of one being used.

((geek check)) :wave:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Originally posted by: Fett
Actually no they didn't. The only mention of a cloaking device is in The Empire Strikes Back, when an Imperial officer states that "no ship that small has a cloaking device". An assumption which was correct. So there is a mention of a cloaking device in Star Wars, but you never actually hear of one being used.

((geek check)) :wave:
0wn3d.

I just wouldn't want to be cloaked and have someone change lanes into me.

It would be better to just get nanotech paint where you car colors can change and the body would be self-healing.

((bigger geek check))

·
Administrator
24,546 Posts
Oh, you wanna geek with me, Fett? :evil:

That's exactly what I was talking about. The very mention of a cloaking device indicates its use in the Star Wars universe, if not necessarily in the film.

We are all hopeless nerds, aren't we? I'm going to quit before I lose all credibility here....

By the way, I hate Star Trek. :banhim:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Oh, you wanna geek with me, Fett? :evil:

That's exactly what I was talking about. The very mention of a cloaking device indicates its use in the Star Wars universe, if not necessarily in the film.

We are all hopeless nerds, aren't we? I'm going to quit before I lose all credibility here....

By the way, I hate Star Trek. :banhim:
But......

Your exact quote was "they used cloaking devices in Star Wars", which is not true. "Star Wars" is the name of a series of movies, thus you stated that cloaking devices were used in the movies, which they were not. We, the audience, never actually saw, or heard of, a cloaking device being used in the movies (up to this point). Therefore, your statement of cloaking devices being used in Star Wars was incorrect. I won't even go into the fact that you said "devices" plural, which means that we, the audience, would have had to see, or hear of, a cloaking device being used more than once in the the collective movie saga. ;)

Sorry, I just enjoy doing that. Remember when we were kids and we would argue over issues in the movies, such as the three year long argument I had with my friends over the whole "Darth Vader being Lukes Father" issue. Back then it was more of a "is not----is too" type of argument. So the idea that I can, yet again, argue such silly issues, only this time having it an intelligent and well thought out argument. I just fine humor in silly things like that. :)

G

·
But seriously, in order for it to work you have to still have the factory stereo installed. Oh, and it has to be the single CD system without the changer option. Once installed with the appopriate harness (available at your local best buy) you simply press the CLK button on the radio to engage CLoaKing.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
UPDATE!

So I go see the new James Bond flick the other night and (badass by the way) WOW! There is the answer! Ok, here it goes: James' Aston Martin Vanquish has a cloaking devise of some sort (sorry to ruin it for some of you but you shouldve gone opening weekend- bah!) Anyway, since Astons are Fords and Mercurys are Fords we may be able to modify the devise to work with the CDW-27 platform:biggrin: Yes! Ford (as far as I can recall) is the first to market with the cloak. My biggest concern (and hope) is that does this mod require a total engine swap to work? And how will be fit that beast under our hoods:shrug: I think it's time to call up Gary Star and get a group buy going on on these things before all the imports get ahold of this technology.

Oh, and in defence of star trek and star wars fans everywhere...:stupid: Live long and prosper...or at least drive a Cougar.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts