New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am planning to replace my spun bearing (very temp fix for my car) and see if i can get it running again for a few months until the 3.0 is built for it. The main question here is can someone bring a torque wrench with them? mine is at my paretnts house in holland and i won't be ther e before that weekend. Also anyone have a good line on whee to get some rod bearings for this car? I might just order them from the ford guy (jenkins?) in Las Vegas tomorrow if i can't coem up with somewhere local that sells them. and now i dont' care what kind they are or anythign like that, just so they can limp the car along for a few months. let me know if you nwo fo anywhere that sells them, auto zone and such claim to not sell them.

·
Banned
5,184 Posts
Scott I will bring my torque wrench for the job along with any other tools needed for the work, and I will check with a local parts store to me for the bearings, I know Nick ordered his from Ram Chargers anyhow they are both right down the road from me so I will look into it. I wi

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx man, I will just have to make sure by the end of this week they are either here or odered so I forsure have them in time.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Ramchargers are now closed. Good luck finding a bearing! I believe Livernois Motorsports bought them out about a month ago.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm maybe i will just call the ford guy in LV or my uncle in ohio and see what kinda prices i can get through one of their dealerships and if they can be to me by mid next week...

·
Banned
5,184 Posts
When the hell did scam chargers close?? I drove by last week and the were open and I need to pick up some more Redline MTF. Anyhow, Scot I went here is the part number for the bearings and in doing some searching I found that you can get them in .002 oversize that would be perfect for what we are going to do I just hope that they have them for our engine. the stock replacement part number(clevite) is CB1772P. The site I went to the ordering part of the site was down and I am going to try again later, but there is the part number if you want to try to find them too, just let me know if you so I know not to run out and order anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.