New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rockbridge Car Show

:) Rockbridge Car Show, Rockbridge, OH - September 10th, 2005 :)

Announcing the Rockin' Rockbridge Car Show #2, to be held in Rockbridge, OH on Sept. 10th, 2005 from 4 PM till 6 PM.

Sponsored by my church, the Rockbridge Advent Christian Church. Slade, Diane, and I attended last year's inaugral event, and I believe it was a good time for all and worth the drive down from Columbus. Free food (hot dogs, chips, cookies, bean soup & corn muffins, pop/soda), $5 event registration, first 50 registered get a dash plaque, trophies for the top 25 and "Pastor's Choice".

I also ponied up the $25 to sponsor a trophy, therefore "The Ohio New Edge Cougar Owners" will be listed as one of the sponsors, and that name will be on one of the trophy name plates.

See the attached scan of the event flyer. Any questions feel free to PM me.

**Edit - 20 Aug. 2005 - Attached flyer, updated the above information **

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
RE:Rockbridge Car Show

I won a trophy last year pretty much just for showing up. I bet this year will be a bit larger once the word gets spread around. I had a great time although it felt like it took forever to get there. I'm surprised they had indoor plumbing down there :cover:

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,979 Posts
RE: Rockbridge Car Show

That sounds like a good time. I should (SHOULD) have my Roush kit installed by then, so maybe I'll go...

·
Registered
4,201 Posts

Hmmm...maybe i'll actually have my car done by then. If so, and if they don't change the date to a sunday, then i should be able to attend this time. Not making any promises cause i did that last time and had to break it for one reason or another.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

If I have the engine in the silver car and its running well I'll go.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

Depends how school is going and if I get my rust spots fixed.

·
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BUMP - Updated the information in the first post, and attached the scanned image of the event flyer.

Feel free to post here or PM me if you have questions, etc.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,979 Posts
Well... September 10th is the date of the White Stripes concert in Columbus, which I have tickets to... so no Rockbridge for me this year either :(

But I DO get to see the Stripes again :)

·
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
White Stripes tickets? Trade ya! ;)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Hmmm...well...i'm not sure, but i think the body work might be done by then. It's hard to say. Though i am more than positive that the interior won't be done by then. So i probably won't be able to go. Damn, i was hoping to go this year...oh well...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
:mad: I have to go to a wedding that day. This crap of getting older and having friends that get married sucks, as they always pick horrible weekends.

·
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
::sigh:: Doesn't look like much Cougar representin' will be going on...

·
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went! Thank you for asking :)

Laser Red brought home yet another trophy, Top 25 finisher. Trophies for Top 25 and Pastor's Choice. Pastor's Choice went to a really sweet pickup truck, a Fifties Dodge. It was there last year, but looks even better this year.

Much larger turnout this year (except for Cougars :( ) at least 300% larger turnout. Mostly rods, a few newer ones (my 2001 Cougar was tied with a 2001 Monte Carlo for "newest" vehicle there, I didn't get a born on date... there was a 2000 Monte as well, and a ZX2 (Greg, know anyone in Ohio Rides or ZX2ner with the last name "Gregory", blue kitted ZX2 w/ rims and a T-shaped wing? He was there, but I never found him next to the car and wasn't outgoing enough to just start shouting for him). An 88 Ranger with chopped top and suicide doors, the pastor's yellow Ford hot rod, a Sting Ray, a Vette, a sweet '51 Ford Custom, Chargers, a Goat, a couple of Mustangs. Really nice.

No pics. Left the camera at home.

It was a good time :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.