New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I searched the forums and got little info on the subject. What are my options when it comes to rims. Do I have too stick with a 4x108 pattern? Is 108 the measurement of the bolts? Or what? If it is then if I put 107's why can't that work out with maybe less threads on a lug? I have little or no knowledge on this subject (more of the second one) I" would like straight forward answers. With explanations. I know thats alot too ask being a nugget at this forum and all, but I had my eyes set out on the new Konig troubles but they won't fit. I emailed Konig and asked if they could send me the rims without and pattern on them so I can get a machine shop too drill them for me but I don't know about it yet. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
352 Posts
As far as i know you have to stick to the 4x108 pattern (40 - 42 mm)

I'm pretty sure (correct me if i'm wrong) that 4 is the number of bolts (fairly obvious), and 108 is the size of the bolt (length, width, thread size? not sure what exactly 108 means)

Fact remains, stick with the 4x108, if you find wheels you like and they dont have that size, just drill em like you said. Check out www.wheelmax.com they have alot of wheels in that bolt pattern and their VERY well priced.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
4 = Amount of lugs or bolts on hub of car.
108 = Refers to diameter of bolt circle the holes are drilled on.

107 will not work as the diameter is smaller and will not line up with the bolts. The amount of thread on the bolt will not affect the diameter of the bolts the holes fit over.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found some Enkei RS6's that I like. 18x7's BUT with a offset of 38 ? These won't fit will they?

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Another thing you can look for are rims that fit the focus..they have the same bolt pattern.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went too wheelmax and I found some Enkei's I liked but the offset was 38 but wheelmax said ti recommended these for good fitment on a 02 cougar.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think 38 mm will work.. I remember reading the range somewhere and i think someone said that 38 would fit.. Why don't you email/call them and find out 4 sure?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts