New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had this CEL for a couple weeks now, first they run the code and tell me that my SIM isn't working, so I replace that and sure enough the CEL comes back on with the same code. Now the only thing I can think of from searching and stuff is that either the O2 sensor is not working or the sensor heater. I'm leaning more towards the heater not working because wouldn't it set a code for a malfunction O2 sensor if it was that?

Also, I'm always running rich it seems like with the headers and the exhaust, I have no main cat and the stock Y-pipe, would this go away once I fix this CEL problem or should I look into getting a high-flow cat or something?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure, I got it done at a shop and that's all they told me. They just blame it being a ford, which is pretty stupid I think.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Either go to a different shop or take it to some place like Auto Zone and have the code pulled for free. Either way, I'd not go back to that shop period.
Thanks dude, I'm not planning to go back to it, but I'll get the code pulled today and try and figure this out..

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I couldn't find a place that pulls codes for free, its either 40 for the code or I could get the diagnostic done for 80. Last time I got one done at Ford, they told me I need a new SIM on the rear O2, now that I did that, the other guys said it runs the same code "rear O2 sensor". But I thought Bank 2 is in the front, and that O2 sensor is brand new. I don't know.. maby I will just pay up and stop being a cheep ass, then I will know whats wrong with it at least.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks dude, hmm maybe I will take it back to ford since they were the ones who did the front O2.. ugh oh well i'll figure it out..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts