New Cougar Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If it's a 99/00, i have two alternators sitting near my Front door, by my shoes. One is a dead core, the other one ran when i removed it off my 2000 that i scrapped. It was a carquest rebuild, maybe 8 months old. I was going to get rid of them both, but you're welcome to them if you'd like. Honestly, I'm not sure which is which. Let me know.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Misfires are usually just ignition (plugs, wires, coil). I understand the frustration of getting nickle-dimed to death, but its probably a simple fix.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Is this a salvage car? Taking the cat out with a saw sounds like junkyard SOP.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
it was never salvaged, just sat in a driveway. I wonder if it was stolen at some point in the past year sitting in the driveway.

I was a bit frustrated in the last message, a bit more relaxed now, but still am not sure what I'd like to do with it.
I"m going to at least pull the upper intake off and check the wires and plugs, and intake tract, etc....
I put a couple of fresh gallons of fuel in, but there was a few gallons of old gas still in it.
It just seems like it's going to end up being a lot more time on a project fixing things like this than I was hoping to find. I'm never that lucky guy that throws in a new battery and voila. Oh well. I just hate how the issues I have to address are under the freaking car, it's never on top. grrrrrr.
thanks for the offer Joey, I'll let you know, but if you get rid of them in the meantime, don't worry about saving them for me if they are in the way.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts