New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I remember someone on here had made a hood that opened backwards from what it usually does, similer to how a Corvette's hood opens. Does anyone have any pics of it? Also how hard is this to do and what do you think the cost would be? Thanks

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Pm StreetConcepts(Craig flango) and IntenseImage they are the only two Cougars that I know of with hoods that open like that of the corvette.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
the top one is intenseimage's car Gene :p
the bottom one is a dude from cali, not a member of the boards and at one point, that car was on eBay, havent heard about it since the eBay listing

·
Registered
663 Posts
he should have just bought a mustang.....

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Ya but he wont share any info or the pics of the hinge or latch. Best thing to do is take it to a decent shop and they can do it. I got a quote of $800 to do it but its not important to me

·
Registered
286 Posts
$800! it shouldnt be that complicated to figure out! How tough could it be? Find some shocks like the ones used on the trunk lid and some hinges. Am I wrong is it much harder than that?

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Ya but on fiberglass i wanted it strong so on the e-way it wouldnt break the hinges. Also if it isnt strong my air ride will crack it.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Labor at most shops is ~ $50 an hour so $800 would not be too bad to fabricate something from scratch or for someone that has never done it or seen how it was done.

You need 87-91 lesabre hinges
a new coolant reserve tank
2 hood pins
misc hardware

It latches in the front with the stock latch and in the back can use a hook system for the hood to slide into like the lesabre used or you can install hood pins in the corners.

The coolant bottle has to go to make room for the hinges. I used a weapon r aluminum replacement.

The pics of this mod are at

http://krazykustomz.com/craig/hood/

These hinges actually put the hood out over the front bumper

·
Registered
286 Posts
see what did i tell you piece of cake. hahaha!!
"You need 87-91 lesabre hinges
a new coolant reserve tank
2 hood pins
misc hardware
It latches in the front with the stock latch and in the back can use a hook system for the hood to slide into like the lesabre used or you can install hood pins in the corners.
The coolant bottle has to go to make room for the hinges. "

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
For that matter the Park Avenue with the same body style as the 87-91 should fit as well. My dad used to have an 86. :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Lucky for me my dad has a '72 Vette so we have something to work off of this summer. Once the weather gets a bit better he's gonna take it out of storage and hopefully we can work on the hood of my car :)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
can we get some pics posted? and detailed ones of the hinges

·
Registered
515 Posts
that would be sick to have a hood like that. just something else that would draw people to your car at shows if you dont have lambo doors or anything like that

1 - 20 of 35 Posts