New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the YoDude setup with a dynamax muffler. It sounds great, but since I got it, the car won't rev above 4500rpm if it's not in gear. My friend asked to hear it on day so I hit the gas a little bit, then a little more and more, but when it hit 4500 the guage bounces back and forth over and over again. It makes the whole car shake like a mo-fo too, like it's about to fall apart! wtf? that can't be normal. What's the problem?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If its an ATX, pretty normal, its a safety feature.....too bad, i got the same prob bro..

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Rizzo just put it in Neutral, and you won't hit the 4500 RPM limit, just make sure you are on level ground and no cars around that you can roll into.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah dude you probably had it before but never tried it, why would you want to rev it that high without being in gear anyway, it's terrible for the engine. I have an ATX too and i discovered it the second day i had it. So don't worry about it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
That's the neutral/park rev. limiter. It was there before you got your exhaust too.

Strangely enough, it doesn't seem to kick in if the car is moving and in neutral.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.