New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get a chip that will remove the rev limitor on my car..I have went through 2 Jet Performance modules...and neither one of them have seemed to work!!! What will take off the rev limitor and make my car quit shutting down at 115?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WHY WOULD I NEED TO GO ANY FASTER THAN 115?.......Let me play a scenario out for you...you are cruising down the interstate in your Cougar(tripped out of course) and all of a sudden there is a tripped out Neon on your ass...and personally i hate neons...so the two of you start racing at high speeds down the interstate, he passes you, you go back to pass him and....much to your dismay, you cant pass em...your car is shutting down.....the good part..........his was tooo............THAT IS WHY I NEED TO GO FASTER THAN 115........GIRLS CAN DO IT TOO!!!! :biggrin:

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
... then out of the blue, come the boys in blue... sirens and lights flashing. They pull you and that ugly-ass neon over... or maybe just you since you kept going past 115 to 125... After getting reamed a new one... you find yourself sitting in the back of the squad car... you end up getting a fine of over $1,000 dollars before its all over with and get to go to court many times. Some states require jail time for speeds in excess of 100 mph. This has happened to a couple friends of mine, and they weren't even involved in racing at the time, just speeding.

or, second senario:

you fly pass the ugly damn neon... you are looking in your rear-view mirror chuckling to yourself that his car is shutting down at 115 while you're still cruising along at 125 now. But in that 3 seconds you spent looking at the rear-view mirror, you've traveled 550 feet, and a family sedan had changed lanes in front of you traveling at 60mph (65 mph slower than you) bam, you hit them... you wake up, in the hospital. You learn that while you will be walking again in a month or two, it won't be in freedom since in that family sedan, was a mom, dad, and two children... three of which were killed, and one of which won't be walking again. You are going to prison for manslaughter.

Yes, Girls can go to prison too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why is that when guys want to go fast and race their cars its ok...they are MEN.....but when girls wanna do it...boys are always there to tell them they are going to kill themselves?........

·
Registered
274 Posts
don't worry about all that couagrgirlie, if you want to drive fast that's your choice. To answer your question, superships(have probs though) diablo chips, and the chip offered by level 10 called the pts computer chip will all be helpful. and phantom, she didn't say she was driving with her eyes closed, she will still be alert or her surroundings just as any of us would be if we were laying the smack down on a neon.

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
I was just pointing out possible ends to the senario. Selena, drive as fast as you want, just be careful. And I would have said that to any person, guy, girl, of any age. Besides, you're in WV, I don't plan on going out that way any time soon, so I don't care.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HA HA HA....just because there are a few women drivers who cant drive, it gives us girls with a lead foot a bad name, we can be just as good on the road as you can!:biggrin:....Thanks for taking up for the girls Thundercat!! and thanks for the info on the chips....hey Phantom, you have a chip in your car?

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
It has nothing to do with girls. Hell, I didn't even take that into consideration when I posted.

And no, I don't have a chip in my car. Why? Don't need one. I have a Manual transmission sport package and the chip would have done little for me. Supposedly there is no speed or rev limitor on the sports package ECU, and it wouldn't help my shifting points any since I do my own shifting, so it would have been a waste of money for me. But most importantly, I don't risk my life, nor the life of others, by racing down the highway at 100+ speeds. I race on the track.

Edited to smooth some rough edges.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So what you are telling me Phantom is that you only race your car on the track?....and never down the interstate or on public roads?

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
bingo. no need to.

but then again that's my choice, do whatever the heck you want. I was just pointing out an opinion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats your choice, but there are still people i bet alot of people who race on public roads and interstates when provoked by another car!.....There are other people right?????

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
after seeing sooo many of my friends (both guys and girls) hurt or killed from racing on the street.....i don't do it. some neon gets on my bumper to race...i let them go by. maybe i'm secure and don't have much to prove. i'm perfectly happy not taking the lives of everyone else on the road into my hands. that's just me......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am quite impressed with Phantom's comments. As a fellow interstate driver, I've been tempted to put the pedal down several times to lose folks who can't resist the urge to challenge my sporty looking little (bright) yellow car - but usually, I don't. There's something to be said for those that can keep cool in situations like that. I find that the passive-aggressive approach works wonders when trying to make a point.

For instance, I used to have a friend who, instead of returning the finger to folks on the road who'd flicked him off for whatever reason, he'd blow them a kiss. Sounds a bit strange, yes, but I've never seen SO many other people's faces go from angry to absolutely enraged in seconds. Granted, his story is differerent from this one, but not completely.

I'd rather *not* race and keep the guy (or girl) in the other car wondering for at least the next 15 minutes or so how they would've matched up. Not to mention, I'd be totally ashamed if I *did* lose to the Neon. Hell, I don't think I'd even race a compact car if I were driving a friggin' Lamborghini. Knowing my luck, I'd end up going against some 16 year-old kid with a modded-out bucket mobile with 800 gazillion HP and for what? All it would do is give *that* little bastard the satisfaction of telling all his friends on some message board probably not to different from this that he wasted a Lamborghini. Poor me...

Cars are ment to be driven, yes, but not in such a fashion that puts others' lives in grave danger. You wanna race? Go to the local dragstrip or join SCCA. You wanna kill yourself - buy a gun.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
instead of returning the finger to folks on the road who'd flicked him off for whatever reason, he'd blow them a kiss.
i thought i was the only one that did that!! :shrug: piss them off with kindness.....works everytime :biggrin:

Cars are meant to be driven, yes, but not in such a fashion that puts others' lives in grave danger. You wanna race? Go to the local dragstrip or join SCCA. You wanna kill yourself - buy a gun.
well said.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts