New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys greetings from a Geordie in Australia I need to replace the full fuel pump module ( not just the pump ) on my 2001 cougar here in OZ.I can find the returnless types to order from abroad but,I don't see any with the 2 fuel lines return style.
I have no idea where to buy one from, or whether its possible to use a one from another ford . There's not many left over here and I'd hate to have to scrap her over a fuel pump. .Any advice would be much appreciated .Thanks ..Bill

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Last one I bought was from rockauto.

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
We just recently had this conversation with another Australian. It looks like you got different pumps than we did in North America.
Our 99 cars are typically return style...you could look for those, or check out this thread and the link referenced in the thread to see if its the same situation as yours.
Fuel pump sadness!

You may need to find the part number stamp and research it by that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last one I bought was from rockauto.
Thanks ... I appreciate the heads up.The 99 fuel pump shared with the contour is a return type but with a different top style ..Will it fit ?..Who Knows...There is no definitive help available , in a one in a million chance I lucked out and have located a return type module in a breakers in South Australia..The car drove in and failed a rego inspection for other reasons...Winging its way to me as we speak...If It doesn't work, I guess its the end of the road...thanks again all for the input, Keeping one of these on the road is a wearing down experience..

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
I think the Australians need to just figure out how to adapt the pumps the rest of us have. You probably need to change the tube fittings but that's not hard.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Couldn't it be possible to stick an inline pump in the metal part of the line and just use the stock pump and housing as a fuel pickup?

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
I think the problem isn't finding a pump only, its finding the entire assembly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats the problem...hopefully the 2nd hand module will be ok, I can get a pump no problem its the whole module thats the tricky...thanks again for all the input guys..bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts