New Cougar Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Yes, a turbo or supercharger always means more power for money / hour of work.

For now I am satisfied with improving the present a little, from what I have seen in the normal intake it is not optimal and the exhaust does not have the adequate length, I think that and the valves of the cylinder head could give a little power for little cost and the work is little since they are engines that need that work for a long time.

·
5,283 Posts
It's been years since I upgraded speakers, but that's basically what I used as a guide for the panels as well, the instructions from Crutchfield in my case but those are the same.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Hi, well speaking of unobtanium, I only have one of these four pieces.

And water enters and rusts ...

Is not this common piece or other cars?

If not, I will make 3 of wood while I finish updating the 3d printer that is stopped for maintenance and time.

·
Registered
1998 V6 MTX Ebony Black Wild at Heart Trim
81 Posts
Two of mine broke off a few weeks ago..... couldn't find any since. Had to use a little glue so the water doesn't flood everything up there.

Probably something Cougar exclusive again.

I don't think wood getting wet is a good idea.

·
Premium Member
3,749 Posts
What is that?

·
Administrator
24,586 Posts
Yeah I had my 99 torn down to the bare metal all over and I've never seen such a thing. Is that one of the plugs in the floor pan or something?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Hello.
Well, in Spain and Europe we have always had small cars, and a small car needs to put a "Baca" on the roof (car rack, roof-rack)?

And so you can put all kinds of things on the roof of the car.

Well someone thought A European cougar, well let's put this on him.

·
Administrator
24,586 Posts
Huh, yeah - those aren't present on any US-spec Cougar I've ever seen. Interesting!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
It hurts me to see this image.

In the USA I always see that big cars have been made with a good trunk.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
As I am with the doors and panels I have seen a very small blow on the sheet, I am going to see if I can remove them from the inside, that is something I would like to learn how to do.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I actually saw some with a roof rack at the german cougarfest. Doesn't look to bad but surely interesting.
Since the Cougar is basically a two door Mondeo they gave it all the options a Mondeo had aswell. Which also means you could also put a trailer hitch on the Cougar.
You can even still buy them with the harness and everything. Towing was rated to 1500kg.
I was actually thinking of getting the roof rack and trailer hitch (a removable one if course) just because Ford made it available.....just because why not. Who else has a trailer hitch and roof rack for their sports coupe.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 · (Edited)
Well yes Marcus, that is something ugly and that you would never put if you can avoid it, but as you say, seen in another way, who has a "COUPE" with those possibilities ?.

In fact, due to some bumps and frictions that I have on the ceiling, I think whoever sold it to me used it like that.

He told me that he used it as a van and that with the money I gave him he was thinking of buying a van with a broken engine to put a ... scary I remember ...

By the way, I'm going to see if I get a blow to the ceiling and it is a thick sheet metal without nerves but I need a light to help me see it, because it is costing me a lot of work.

And by the way I'm going to upholster the ceiling and put a little more insulation on it.

What color do you have the ceilings?

I have it in a light brown and I am thinking of putting it in an intermediate gray.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Actually by the way how did you get the roof rack Rail off of the roof without damaging it? I have a leak where rain water enters the car and its probably coming from under that rail.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 · (Edited)
Es muy justo y se adjunta con algunos trozos de cinta adhesiva de doble cara.
Levantar un poco por la parte de atrás (el baúl), suficiente para que entre un destornillador plano y usándolo como espátula para despegar los trozos de cinta adhesiva de doble cara, si no me expreso bien, ¿te mando una foto?

Edit, looking at it a second time they look like globs of glue not double-sided tape

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you can send a Picture it would be helpfull also how did you attach it again?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 · (Edited)
This is the direction to take off

The tip is under the windshield gasket, you have to pull it back

These are the adhesives.

To put it back again glue

If you think that in the future you are going to take it off, put a minimum of double-sided tape.

If you think you will never touch it, use silicone or mounting adhesive.

But I am thinking of painting the groove several coats to avoid water damage.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 · (Edited)
If you think of holding it in order to remove it in the future, you have to put the adhesive so that the water can flow backwards in case it enters the rail,
groove?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
I am also thinking of putting a gasket to prevent water from entering the boot lid, it will also be more aerodynamic ...

101 - 120 of 127 Posts