1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Looks right

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I dont know if theres a lot of value in removing those plugs.
Aluminum can be soldered so I dont think it would be irreparable if you did it, I just don't think it would provide any benefit. Those intermediate runners are probably not the most restrictive section of the UIM.

I have often thought that with a small utility pump and a bucket, it would be a fairly simple matter to make an adapter to flush a solution through the runners one at a time using a custom fitting on the throttle flange and plugs in whatever runners are not being flushed.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
That's not right. You need to find the correct O-rings. That kind of mistake can burn your car down.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Measure them.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
That sounds like a good fit.
The measurements are probably within a reasonable tolerance for a rubber O-ring.

Anytime you open the fuel system, the next time you start the car make sure to take the key to "On" first and check thoroughly for leaks before starting. Then continue to look for leaks after starting until you're confident that everything is tight.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Yes, you can bypass the DPFE sensor without tuning. See the diagrams here:

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I never advise anyone to put themselves at risk with the law.
However...
Using a simple EGR delete plate and cap like those found in this thread:

Along with the vacuum routing shown in the thread I linked previously, you could easily restore everything to normal before going for your inspection, then put it back after the inspection. Its really only a few minutes worth of work once the exhaust tube connected to the rear manifold has been removed.

Or...realistically, I doubt they would even catch it to tell the truth. The PCM thinks everything is normal so the shop probably will too.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
If you use the cap and flange linked above, you would remove the entire EGR pipe like this:

That pipe looks like this:

As an alternative, you could leave that pipe in place, plug the two ends that lead to the DPFE, and put a solid gasket in the EGR valve flange instead of taking it out. That would virtually guarantee that nobody would ever spot it.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
You dont have to explain your irrational fondness for this car here. We are all a little bit crazy.

The two tubes from the EGR pipe are there to indicate flow. When the EGR valve opens, exhaust flows through the pipe. When flowing, there will be a slightly higher pressure in the tube closest to the engine. This differential pressure is how flow is detected by the DPFE.

Reactions: Ricardo70

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Here mobile radars are a great source of economic income.

Marcus
I have a great question that haunts me these days.
And I don't know very well if it is something compatible or very specific

I will tell you because they are from your country

Drexler Motorsport - Product Catalog ENG

It seems that the new front-wheel drive mount it and can use a lot of power in the front end without the problem that always happens when one of the wheels loses contact with the ground, it is not safe because the traction control works by braking to solve this , is to be able to accelerate and gain traction on the wheel that rests on the ground, we are not necessary with this the heavy rear-wheel drive mechanics ...
[/QUOTE]
Your looking for a limited slip differential.
Quaife makes them and they are available in Europe.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
hi, this is very interesting, has someone installed it in the cougar gearbox?
Yes, there are many LSD's of this brand and other brands in Cougars. Quaife is one of the biggest brands in the business and they are known for great quality. We are fortunate to share a transmission with the Focus because the same LSD fits both cars. I believe this is the same unit installed by Ford in the MK1 Focus RS.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Head gasket leaks are not very common for these engines. Your smoke may be coming from oil on the exhaust manifolds. It seems like a lot of our possible oil leak locations have a tendency to be above the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I think very few cars that still have the 2.5l in them have had major engine work. Almost all of them are still fully intact. The only real failures that most people have had came from bearing failures probably due to low oil.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Don't listen to that guy. Don't waste time reading about Fusions.

dallarace2, if you really want to talk about Fusion swaps, start a new thread for it instead of cluttering up this one because that conversation will be a dead end.
But first read this

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
It would be a miracle if you found either one of those new.

I might have a rear seat clip, I can take a look.

The sunvisor clips are practically unobtanium. I always look at them anytime I see a car in the junkyard but they are usually broken. I have a theory that the clips from a 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee could be adapted to work but I haven't tested the theory.

Reactions: Ricardo70

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Looks great! The rear is much easier.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
That doesn't look right. Its not even the same number of coils. Are those '01/02 springs maybe?

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
You should have a "clean spot" under the washer and bolt where they were originally set at.
Set them back at that location during re-assembly.
You really need to get a professional alignment when your done because both your front and rear are probably not correctly aligned anymore.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts