New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone again
I have already been able to put the car in the garage and i am going to begin to renew the suspension and brakes of the car, I also have to look at the IMRC wiring, clean the intake manifold, fasten the silencer and many more things.
In these two years that have passed since I bought it and I have not used it, I have seen how it is increasingly difficult to buy new parts and it saddens me.
For example the accelerator cable that has the wrong head ... I'll be posting photos of what I do.
Thank you

·
Registered
1998 V6 MTX Ebony Black Wild at Heart Trim
95 Posts
If you need any Interior Parts message me I got all kinds of Panels, Cables, Switches, Seats and most other stuff out of the Interior out of a dissassembled one

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you need any Interior Parts message me I got all kinds of Panels, Cables, Switches, Seats and most other stuff out of the Interior out of a dissassembled one
[/ CITAR]

Thank you, this piece that holds the seat?
Plastic Technology Finger

only from the inside?

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
Looks right

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, I bought this:
Ford Transit MK2 MK3 MK4 Gasolina & Diesel Genuino Nuevo Cable Del Acelerador Barril Clip

E864408 S81

I don't know where I saw that it was compatible but how it hasn't reached me yet I don't know

I can't find the new throttle cable anywhere, is there a trick, equivalency, reference or vendor that you can recommend?

thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Good luck with the new cable. I had to get one out of a junkyard here. Any of the manual trans cougars have them. The only ones I can find new are for the automatics but if you do a SVT top end conversion with throttle body. That one uses the automatic one on the manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hello, do you have the cable reference for the SVT?

This is the automatic transmission cable, works on cougars with automatic or SVT upgrade. You may need an automatic throttle body bracket too. Just look on eBay for that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 V6 MTX Ebony Black Wild at Heart Trim
95 Posts
I am doing a SVT Intake Swap and I'll swap out the cable. So I would have the stock manual Transmission cable and I won't need it anymore. If you want to wait a little I can sell you the cable and all the other parts I'm taking off if there is anything else you need. Otherwise the parts would just lay around.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[ATTACH = full] 81168 [/ ATTACH]
[QUOTE = "MarcusV6, publicación: 2357725, miembro: 61736"]
Estoy haciendo un intercambio de admisión de SVT y cambiaré el cable. Así que tendría el cable de transmisión manual de serie y ya no lo necesitaré. Si quieres esperar un poco, puedo venderte el cable y todas las demás partes que me quito si hay algo más que necesites. De lo contrario, las piezas simplemente se quedarían por ahí.
[/CITAR]
ok

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Hello, I have started to sand the UIM. Since I think it happened to me with the mixture of soda and water and the aluminum has eaten more, I am worried about how to sand it well inside, has someone removed the plugs from the sides?

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
I dont know if theres a lot of value in removing those plugs.
Aluminum can be soldered so I dont think it would be irreparable if you did it, I just don't think it would provide any benefit. Those intermediate runners are probably not the most restrictive section of the UIM.

I have often thought that with a small utility pump and a bucket, it would be a fairly simple matter to make an adapter to flush a solution through the runners one at a time using a custom fitting on the throttle flange and plugs in whatever runners are not being flushed.

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello, I want to remove these caps because the soda attacks the aluminum and creates a layer of oxide or aluminum powder, which is easily removed with a round steel brush.
I am afraid that some of that dust will enter the engine, and with water it will not be removed.

That is, if the soda transformed the fat into soap very well, but I should have used a lower concentration and be more patient.

I guess the plug is a snap fit not a screw but ...

1 - 20 of 276 Posts