New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Mercury Cougar
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Previously owned a '98 cougar as my first car when I turned 16. Loved it. Fast forward a few years and I got a ping on a search I put out there. 2002 mercury cougar for sale in virginia. Long story short I've been sitting on a 5 speed grabber green '02 cougar for about a year now trying to figure out where to start.

Finally saved up and bought a brand new front suspension, coilovers, and everything I'll need to convert my drums to rotors.

I'd love some tips, advice, and suggestions about where to go next.

Already got a exhaust on my wishlist.
(Headers down to a aftermarket muffler). Also trying to line up a body kit/paint job.

I also eventually want a new engine and built tranny, and a supercharger added.

Other than that though where should I go after the suspension rebuild?
The car does drive, I've already replaced the clutch, flywheel, alternator, timing belt, and spark plugs.

Other than that though, I have a bad blower motor, A/c isn't cold anyways, passenger window controls don't work, still have the stock receiver, a blown speaker, broken door panels, the glass is pretty scratched, and to top it all off, every month usually she breaks a few lug nuts off.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Welcome to NECO, you've come to the right place.
Got any pic's?

The answer to where to start is your own last paragraph. Make everything right first, then modifications second. Especially the wheel lugs...that's disturbing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a good start. I'd post in the welcome section with some photos of your car.

every month usually she breaks a few lug nuts off.
To me, this sounds most like you have aftermarket wheels that are not even close to fitting the car properly.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Hasn't that car been for sale on Facebook for a while?

·
Registered
2002 Mercury Cougar
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really hope not. Might be another one like it by you though.

Took me almost a year to track one down that I wanted. Def not trying to sell it.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I really hope not. Might be another one like it by you though.

Took me almost a year to track one down that I wanted. Def not trying to sell it.

I just looked, it's a different car. The dent on the one I was thinking of is further forward.
It also seems to be a higher trim level. That's a rare color and it's very strange to see two Cougars in that color in a short stretch of time, both with dented D side fenders. o_O

Might be a good parts car for you, PA isnt that far from VA.
Are you military? That sort of looks like a base parking lot.

·
Registered
2002 Mercury Cougar
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, turns out of you lose your whole tire it dents the fender.

I saw your posts and such, how has your restoration coming?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a lot of Interior eletrical parts and panels and other Interior stuff to sell! (basically the whole interior panel wise and most of it electrical/mechanical wise)
Its from a '99 V6 so I don't know what could be helpfull but if you're interested just message me and I can show you what I got !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts