New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking baout getting my car resprayed (rio red now think of getting it ferrai red - heard ferrai red cheaper than rio red)so my kit matches perfect
abouthow much do you guys think it would cost

PS my freind had his dad's antiqu truck painted at maaaco for like 700 and it looks really good and he also just got his mustang back and it looks really good too - i cant figure it out i thought maaco was ****
does anyone have experoiance with them
but i also want a price if i got it painted at a body shop

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
every maaco is independantly owned and opperated.. i am pretty sure... and that is why it depends some maaco's are good some are pure **** if the one near you does nice work then eh maybe it woudl be worht it...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does anyone know how much a respray would be cause they dont got paint like the door jams and **** just like the outside since it will be painted the basicly the same color

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Depends on who paints it, what kind of paint, a how good a job they do.
You just named one of the cheapest above, Maaco 700
Then from there you could probably spend 6000 on paint.. or more.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
my buddies hot rod has about 10 grand in paint. thats just one solid color, nothing fancy.... just perfect. my car cost less than $400. of course me and my dad sanded, primed, and painted it ourselves... which is cheaper.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn that sure seems expensive

it that just for a respray or what all all you getting done

·
Registered
815 Posts
The shop I work for starts at $2500 for a full re-spray. That does not include any body work, and is for same color paint. Expect to spend thousands if you get a real paint job. Im sorry, and no offense intended to anyone but good materials/paint alone costs more than maaco's and other cheap shops charge for the entire job. You get what you pay for. A bad paint job will RUIN a car.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: cougar8970
damn that sure seems expensive

it that just for a respray or what all all you getting done
Yes, that's just a respray. Body work was on top of that. Lazer red is an expensive colour though, due to it being a tri-cote paint. But don't be surprised if you're near the $5000 mark, I know I sure was!

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
dude you probably could have bought a used lazer red cougar for $5000...without the roof crushed in!

Mike

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
dude you probably could have bought a used lazer red cougar for $5000...without the roof crushed in!

Mike
Insurance my friend. Total cost of all the repairs - $574...$300 deductable on my insurance, and $274 to fix some existing dents in the car, and to fill in the 12 holes I had on my trunklid from my stock spoiler and from my aluminum wing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts