New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking of selling the cougar but i don't know how much i would get for it

kelly blue book says 9k but realisticlly i want to know

its 2000 silver ATX with about 43000miles. its in good cosmetic condition with a few dings and scratches here and there. i haven't really modded it except for a wings west high rise, and other than that there are only a few exterior and interior cosmetic changes but nothing ricey whatsover. it has clothe interior, no abs cruise control, it has AC and an alarm

the engine runs fine and it hasn't been in any accidents.

realisticlly how much i would i get for this?

andrew

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Fly-Fast is the MOST optimistic person around ehre i see...

But i would say pout a sign on it asking for maybe 8K or 8500 OBO someone will probably bitemake sure to emphasie the OBO so that people will atleast think about it a little...

question for you fly fast where do you ive just wondering because you think everythign is about a grand or two cheaper than anyweherte else in the country... maybe you just live in a bad resale value area..

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by: Jorgen
Fly-Fast is the MOST optimistic person around ehre i see...

But i would say pout a sign on it asking for maybe 8K or 8500 OBO someone will probably bitemake sure to emphasie the OBO so that people will atleast think about it a little...

question for you fly fast where do you ive just wondering because you think everythign is about a grand or two cheaper than anyweherte else in the country... maybe you just live in a bad resale value area..
I live in Boston - one of the more expensive cities in the lower 48 states.

Oh, and don't you mean pessimist? :confused: Anyone that would pay $8,500 for 2000 ATX needs to have there head examined.
</yourself> :banhim:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I would think with that spoiler that you just limited your buyers in half. I see alot of older people in Cougars around town but none of them what that gaudy thing on the trunk. Try and find a stock spoiler and I would think you could probably get 7k-8k.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
I think you guys all live in poor resale areas. Here the Cougar is popular. I just saw a dealer advertise a 2000 in the paper for $11,225. Now I am sure they expect to be talked down from that, but seriously you could probably expect at least the $9K.

I think you would do better checking the paper in your area. I don't think the high rise wing will hold you back. If it was the commando then I would say you might have limited your buyers.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
That dealer may be asking $11,225 but im willing to bet the person trading it in got around 7k or 8K for it. If your cougar is blue booking around 9k then im willing to bet your going to get something around 6k or 7k at most. I cant remember exactly but i traded in a 2000 cougar that blue booked around 11k or 12k and their first offer was $7,500 and we only ended up getting them to give us around 9k for it. Youll get more money selling it on the side but it also makes it a lot harder cause you have to wait around for the people and make sure they have the money and a lot of headache goes along with it. Trade in is easy cause you just pull up and thats it, but you end up losing out on the money end of the deal usually.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
wow. i see cougars go for a LOT less than all your prices around here in southeast missouri. i actually know where you can go get a 99 ATX v6 for 4500. it's only like 15 miles from my house.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i just wrecked my 00 , its under heavy cosmetic surgery. insurance adjuster said blue book is 13,900 but then again its only got 26,000 on it......and everything but the front end is in excellent condition. All varys i guess.........

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
You have a lot of miles tho. You have to worry how much longer a car will survive after 100K. Trucks wouldn't get a second thought, seemed to be built to last longer, but cars you figure you might have one good year or less before huge repair bills start piling up.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Fly-fast it's called sarcasm, you seem well educated otherwise I would have suggested you look it up. I live near Detroit Oakland county to be exact and i would bet that i could get over 8 for my car here and it's a 99 with almost 8k... so i guess you just gotta know where your buyers are and who has the money.... on my college campus i could get that much from alot of differen't people..

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Originally posted by: MetallicaCougs
You have a lot of miles tho. You have to worry how much longer a car will survive after 100K. Trucks wouldn't get a second thought, seemed to be built to last longer, but cars you figure you might have one good year or less before huge repair bills start piling up.
Remember you are selling a Ford car.. People question if it will make it over 100,000 miles.. If you were selling a Honda or Toyota auto, they would say it was just broken-in..

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Up here, the 99's still sell for $12,000cdn - $15,000cdn but you'd never get that ... if i were to trade in my stock 99 cougar, i'd probably only get $8000 or so...

the 2002's are still going in the $20k + range... but again... Canadian money :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
There was a 2000 laser red cougar with a drift kit on it for sale at a local car lot in town... It was an ATX and it had 55000 miles on the clock. They were asking $13,000 and it sold in a week - so I can't imagine that they went too far down in price. Actually, I was contemplating trading my car straight up for it because that is what I still owe on my loan - until I saw that it was an ATX... I probably would have done it if it was an MTX.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
There was a 2000 laser red cougar with a drift kit on it for sale at a local car lot in town... It was an ATX and it had 55000 miles on the clock. They were asking $13,000 and it sold in a week - so I can't imagine that they went too far down in price. Actually, I was contemplating trading my car straight up for it because that is what I still owe on my loan - until I saw that it was an ATX... I probably would have done it if it was an MTX.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sonofa*****.....

i want to sell it but i don't at the same time but looking at the resale value its looking toward no....i paid 12.5 with 19k so its prolly going to be a lot less.

damnit

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.