New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows of any manufacturer that produces "drag style" wings in aluminum with paintable fiberglass end caps.

Something similar to Projectcougars' or 2low4potholes' wings but without the very high stanctions...

Something like that wing but with some sort of "stylized" paintable fiberglass end caps.

Can anyone here help me with my search?

EDIT...Or maybe someone knows of a company that produces end caps that I could retrofit onto that wing?

Thanks!

:)

~CIII

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: Crispy
just go carbon fiber and call it a day.. :biggrin:
yeah, and if ya get tired after the end of the day, you have a nice seat on the back of your car :-D

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I could paint the end caps that come with the wing (my car is black and they already come black)...what I am interested in is some "stylized" end caps (something with more shape and "character" then just a plain flat piece of aluminum). James' end caps look good to me, but I don't want to have to buy two wings to get the look I'm after.

Does that make it more clear?

Please help if you can!

Thanks! :)

~CIII

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are a couple of pics reflecting the style of end caps I'm after, but using the wing pictured in my above post...

Hope that explains what I'm after to everyone!

Thanks again if you can help me out here!

~CIII

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hehe...I am aware of the manufacturer and cost of James' wing. ;)

Apparently I'm not making myself clear here though...I DO NOT want to buy James' wing...I just want some end caps that look SIMILAR to his. ;)

I suppose I could buy the Veilside AND the Bomz wings and use the stanctions from the Bomz wing on the airfoil section of the Veilside, but I'd really rather not spend a GRAND on a wing! ;)

I'll ask again:

1) Does anyone know where I can find a company that produces fiberglass "STYLIZED" end caps for aluminum wings?
OR
2) Does anyone know of a company that makes drag style wings (with the flat low stanctions) with fiberglass airfoils and/or stylized end caps?

BTW...Something like the end caps pictured below wouldn't be bad either!

Thanks very much if you can help!
~CIII

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I think your best bet is going somewhere and giving that company the wing you want and having them make ABS or fiberglass endcaps to your liking..

find a custom shop and they can do anything... ;)

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Skywalker, thanks for the tip...
I'll ask 2low what he wants for his wing...I tried the site you mentioned, but got THIS???
Anyone else know where I can buy JUST the drag stanctions?
Thanks again everyone!
~CIII

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
OH WOW... thanks Chad... I've been looking for shorter stantions for my car all year... I could never find any that would sell them without the whole spoiler.. looks like those 10 inch high ones could work on my spoiler.. you rule!!!

although I may not put that spoiler back on my car now.. or I might just interchange for shows... heh..

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I had a spoiler that I had planned on doing this with some drag stands but changed my mind when I got a qoute on filling the trunk holes and everthing else. I ended up selling it to Sam in CO for like $80 shipped, but I thought I would help him out he looked in need of a wing but I have yet to see install picks.

Glad I could be of help :thumbsup:

Chad

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Chad..

I have another spoiler at home that you might be interested in if you do not want to drill or fill anymore holes than what was needed with your WW High Rise.. also the Porsche Boxster vents are gettin pulled if you want to add em to your car this season.. you know how well I take care of my stuff.. gimme a ring if interested.. :)

..C

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i interested in the WW hgih rise

PM' me with a price

include shipping

18966, PA (could shipping to a businees if its cheaper)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.