New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Heh, try having to buy two of the full CF versions of the Kammy hood, at about $900 each.

E1

·
Registered
275 Posts
The paint price will vary quite a bit. It depends on who paints it and what kind of paint they use. You could possibly get it done for $100, if you brought to my shop, but on the reality side about $200 sounds more like it. Most shops just want to rape you.

Edit... Link for the lazy

G

·
Go carbon Fiber. No paint necessary only clearcoat. and after clearing it , itll look hot on DT Green. Trust me!

G

·
You posted it in your first thread I think :rofl:

Carbon Fiber serves a purpose. They weigh much less than the stock 47pound hood. The hood below weighs onlyy 12 pounds at most.

Attachments

G

·
That was my first choice in a hood when I got mine. Id say go for it! The Kamanari hood does have some functionality.

G

·
Weapon R is definatly not quiet. And its much more ricey. Borla is a good quiet exhaust, but it depends on exactly what exhaust note you are looking for. Im some others will chime in.

A good price estimate for everything you are looking for?

Gauges = approx 100 +installation for both (electrical gauges)
Hood= 400+ dollars, install yourself
Pillar pod= ~40 dollars
Exhaust= can range from 300-600 dollars.

·
Administrator
15,607 Posts
Originally posted by: Nemesis
That was my first choice in a hood when I got mine. Id say go for it! The Kamanari hood does have some functionality.
I gotta correct you Nemmy...the Kaminari hoodscoops isn't cut out or anything on the bottom...it doesn't get any extra airflow into the engine at all, so it doesn't really have any other functionality except for the lightweight part.

I wouldn't have picked any other hood though :)

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Id suggest getting a CF and then just PAINT IT !! sorry im getting tired of CF this and that all over the car. CF is a good product for its light weight and relative strength not for its looks.

only green Kali hood i could find.... drop by CougarDB.com and search by mod... very helpful tool.
just dont do the flat wing like that :puke:

·
Registered
362 Posts
You posted it in your first thread I think :rofl:

Carbon Fiber serves a purpose. They weigh much less than the stock 47pound hood. The hood below weighs onlyy 12 pounds at most.
Uhmm doesn't the Kaminari fiberglass hood and carbon fiber weigh the same. Carbon fiber hoods are just for looks. Their fiberglass counterparts are about the same weight or just a few pounds heavier.

·
Administrator
15,607 Posts
Originally posted by: Moraki
Id suggest getting a CF and then just PAINT IT !! sorry im getting tired of CF this and that all over the car. CF is a good product for its light weight and relative strength not for its looks.

[image removed]

only green Kali hood i could find.... drop by CougarDB.com and search by mod... very helpful tool.
just dont do the flat wing like that :puke:
Find yourself a carbon fiber hood that has been properly clearcoated with a good UV protectant clearcoat and is freshly waxed....take a long deep look into that hood and tell me it doesn't look good.

And it's Kaminari, not Kali, unless we have some new choice in the aftermarket :crazy:

And btw Weasel, the one I have is the full carbon fiber, with the sides painted white to blend in with the car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by: wadespencer99
I gotta correct you Nemmy...the Kaminari hoodscoops isn't cut out or anything on the bottom...it doesn't get any extra airflow into the engine at all, so it doesn't really have any other functionality except for the lightweight part.

I wouldn't have picked any other hood though :)

actually the kaminari is functional... i checked it out...it doesnt appear so but the scoop does feed into the engine bay... air flows in the top and then comes back toward teh front of the car and out... kinda like this....

i actually ran a hanger down through the scoop to conferm it does feed into the engine bay
:banana:

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,607 Posts
Really? Damn..I got learned. I took a quick glance and was more or less looking for something similiar to what the old Mustang GT Foxbody's had, since the scoops looked similar.

I'm surprised more water doesn't hit the engine when I'm washing the car then....

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Originally posted by: wadespencer99
was more or less looking for something similiar to what the old Mustang GT Foxbody's had, since the scoops looked similar.
Actually, the Foxbody's never came OEM with a scoop. The SN95's are the ones that did.

Fox body - '79-'93
SN95 - '94+

The 94-98's had the two smaller slots on the sides of the hood, while the 99+ is the ones with the scoop similar to the Kaminari. And no, the scoop on the Stang was never functional.

OK, Mustang history lesson over. :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Originally posted by: azbobbybooshay10
And no, the scoop on the Stang was never functional.

OK, Mustang history lesson over. :)
Back to school for you...

The hood scoops were functional on these Mustangs:
69-70 with shaker scoop
69-70 Boss 429
71-73 with Ram Air
Various Shelbys (but I will let that slide)
and possibly the recent shaker scoops were functional

life lesson: "never say never"

--george

·
Administrator
15,607 Posts
I'm going by the 1983 Mercury Capri RS 5.0 that I owned, and the 1982 Mustang GT that sits in the parking lot at work. Both of those cars have functional hoodscoops. Whether they've both been modified or not, I have no idea, but if that is the case, whoever did it, did a damn good job!

Edit: Actually, you're not even talking about functional scoops....you say no foxbody's came with scoops?? Back to school for you, Bobbo.

1982 GT

1983/84 GT

1985/86

And, a Mercury Capri RS like I used to own in high school

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
:bowdown:

I stand corrected sir! I'd totally spaced out the old 4-eyes Stangs. And now that you mention it, the 84-86 SVO also came with a scoop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.