New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has replaced their drive belt by themselves, can you post the tools required to do the job and also any pointers on what to do. I may replace my belt this weekend, but would like some advice on how to do it, and what to look for....

Nikolas

·
Registered
440 Posts
It's easy, a 3/8's breaker bar is needed for levrage

My belt came all folded up, so it was easy to just loop it around the alternator took about 10 minutes.

Key is to loop it around the alternator first and work your way from the back to front

(alternator, tensioner pulley, crank, a/c, power steering, idler pulley) go in that order it shouldn't take to long

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick response.....I will add the belt to the list of items I am replacing on the car this weekend.....I will have to borrow a 3/8" breaker bar though... I dont think that a torque wrench will work, plus i think i only have 1/2 drive troque wrench anyways....

Nik

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just one more question before I get started on this tomorrow....

I was looking at the removal/installation instructions on the Ford CD and it says to lift the vehicle, take off the front right wheel, and take off the splash guard. Is this necessary? or can I just access everything from the top of the car?

Nikolas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts