New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me how to get to the foglights so i can replace them. the only way i have found to get to them is removing the headlamps and there is a hole that goes down to them but it is narrow and still i cant get to them very easily. please help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
there is a plastic shield under your bumper thts shapped liek a half circle and its the width of your car.
remove the 9 or 10 screws that hold it on and pop the sucker off
easy access to the fogs

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Red - you seem to have an 02 model. If you do be aware no direct replacements are made for the fogs that came with the XR (H10 bulbs). Although there is people who have used a 9005 bulb. Do a search and you can find out more.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Actually, there are replacements for H10 bulbs, you can get HID look, hyperwhites etc...There's a auto store in my area that carries them...I guess Toronto Canada only :tongue:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Edmund - Really?! When I spoke with Hella North Ameica they told me not to hold thier breath as this bulb was just introduced in Germany and only availible in the cougar in North America!

Could u do me a favor and see who makes em? The guy I had on the phone specifically stated "your car will be rusted and in a junkyard by the time there is an aftermarket for these bulbs". I still have his email and wanna rub it in his face :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would also be interested in replacing the foglight bulbs with a different color. If anyone has any info on this let me know. I'm also going to search the site. Links or info would be perfect.

,Jeremy

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Check out the "Group Buy" on Eurolites. You can get a set of bulbs that will fit your car from Jacob McGarity. He sells ALL types and brands of bulbs available. I personally have a set of Eurolite Xenons in my 99, but he sells bulbs that fit your year Cougar as well.
Good luck!
Charles

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys this is my first post and I picked up my cougar less than 24hrs ago. Im posting here because this the the most recent fog post. I have a 99 and it seems that my cat didnt come with fogs. My light switch pulls out and I have the fog holders but no lights when I pull it out (even the dash light fog light indicator comes on when I pull it) Ive been reading the other posts and it seems like I should be able to just go buy stock bulbs and stick them in. Is this correct? For now I just want some stock bulbs to get me going. What would you recomend, just go to a local parts store aka jacos or what not and pick up whatever they sell or is there somthing better for aprox. the same price? Sorry if this question has been asked a 1000 times but I just want to make sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Hey Mord,
First of all, welcome to NECO! You will find that there is no such thing as a "stupid question" around here. If you don't know the answer, don't be afraid to ask. There will ALWAYS be SOMEONE around who knows the answer to your question, or at least can point you in the right direction! In answer to your querry, it certainly appears that purchasing a set of bulbs will cure your problem. Do yourself a favor and check that all the wiring is CONNECTED and that the fuse for your foglights is INTACT before you go out and buy bulbs. The bulbs you will need are commonly referred to as "H3's". Any reputable auto parts store will probably carry them in stock. If you have any further problems or questions, please feel free to ask myself or any of the other members here for their help. (BTW, complete instructions for the replacement of these bulbs can be found in your owner's manual.)
Hope this helps you,
Charles

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Ill check the fuse and maybe hook up the ol multimeter to the light jack and see if its getting juice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey redxrcougar, did you ever find those bulbs..i have same problem..the 9005 don't seem to have the same pattern to lock in to the housing. any help would be nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts