New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Fidanza flywheel and unorthodox underdrive pulley, and I called a shop to get an estimate on installing this stuff. They told me 12, yes 12 hours to install the flywheel. They said the entire engine/trans would have to be dropped to get to the flywheel. But then the underdrive pulley only takes an hour or two to install. Is this correct? Has anyone replaced their flywheel?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i would say if i had to do it straight thru only taking short breaks, and a lunch ofcourse it would prolly take me about 12 hours to replace my flywheel from the bottom. maybe a lil shorter depending on how things went.

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
It took me 3 weekends at about 10 hours per weekend so about 30 hours total... yup it sucked :thumbsdn: though it was in a garage with 2 jacks and an engine hoist.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
have fun, while u were at it with the flywheel replcae the clutch so ur not doing the tear down twice. look at my post on top when my clutch went bad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.