New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to replace my clutch on my 00 i4 cougar and am wondering if there are any helpfull hints or tips anyone can offer as to doing this or maybe some problems i might run into i am going to attempt to do this on this up coming week no ride makes life a bitc* if u know what i meen

·
Registered
350 Posts
How many miles do you have on your cougar? If you've rebuilt clutches in the past i'm sure you could tackle this. I'm pretty sure the sub frame has to be removed to do it. When mine goes i think i'll just bring it in to the dealer. I'll be looking at $400 for labor alone.....ouch !

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its got 40k the clutch was kinda goin out when i got it but i got it at 22k so i got it to last me a while well the work i have done on my cars ive had my pops has mostly been there but i keep myself in it im learning all the time. i cant afford to take it to the dealer. fortunatley my dad got me my clutch rediculosly cheap. so you think the sub frame will have to be dropped?? well i will write back after i get it in with an up date....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts