New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought any headlights for the Cougar? I wanna be like Street COncepts and have the inside painted, but I need to be able to drive the car while I'm working on it. I checked on Copart finder, most of the Cats near my have bought it in the front end (of course) The dealer I'm sure will want the cost of 5 gal. of gas for them, so anyone have any ideas?

SC- If you see this, how long did it take to complete?

I FINALLY recieved the headlights I found on EBay. Got them out of the box tonite...they are broke ALL TO HELL!!!
The metal stud is gone off the left, along with a big chunk over the side marker, and the right one had 2 of 3 chunks missing out of it. It looks like they were either ripped out of a car while they were stripping it for parts or they were dropped. I checked the box, no parts in there. I'm waiting on a response from the seller before I go any farther

G

·
Are you going to paint them yourself? I've been trying to figure out how to do this as well, since I'd need the headlights in to drive to the paintshop. I guess I could stuff some plastic bags in the holes instead..

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to try it myself. That's why I wanted the 2nd set of lights. that way if it took longer than a day, or I F**Ked them up real bad, I could live without the modded ones while the body shop was fixing them. i was going to try to take them completly apart to paint them, of figure out some way to mask the parts off that didn't need paint.

G

·
Now that I think about it, if you did it on the weekend, started early in the morning, you could probably get the lights taken apart, painted and dried in a day or so. Definitely done by the end of the weekend.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking agout trying it with the long weekend upon us. I would just feel better having a set to mess up and a good set as a backup, just in case. It would suck it have them half finished, of screw them up totally and have to put them back in that way, of screw them up where they didn't work at all and be stuck.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just trying to move to the top to get a response

·
Registered
731 Posts
well you could always take them apart and take the black peice out put them back together with out the black peice do it when you have time and then e asemple them i took mine out for six mo.s and all i did was squish em back together until i got em painted i had no probs

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not following you. The broken part is the rear area, where it mounts to the car. I just woke up, so mabye I'm still a little fuzzy on what you're talking about.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She's claiming now that they were damaged in shipping. I doubt it becausr there were no parts in the box. If the parts were in the box, I could have fixed them. Anyway, she filed a claim with OOPS, er, I mean UPS to see if they would cover it. I want my money back, but I want it from her damnit

·
Registered
972 Posts
There is a refurbished set on sale on Ebay right now for $150

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
like what crispy said... take them apart... take the black piece out... now remove all the factory butyl on the headlights (so you don't reseal), then put them back together... even if you get a light rain you'll be fine (i was at least and i drove around with no sealant for over 2 weeks - in light rain also)... when body shop is done painting, take headlights apart again - should be much easier since they aren't sealed, put freshly painted piece in, get some Form-A-Gasket Non-Hardening and reseal your headlights....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well, I wish it were that easy PuckPuck. I'm an idiot and I broke both headlights during the procedure. The clip located in the corner behind the orange reflector wound up braking off, and so now those corners won't seal at all. I attempted to seal them 4 times already, and it seems they get worse every time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.