New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

It's service time!

As this is the first service that this car has had under my ownership, just wanted to get some consensus over which replacement air filters everyone thought were the best.

I'm not wanting to fit a full induction kit at the moment, so a direct replacement type would seem to be a good alternative - what do you think? Although there is a lot of manufacturing hype about the fact that the airflow through one of the oil-coated filters is much better, does it actually make any noticeable difference? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that one.

I guess the other question is then which one do you go for? I'm not sure that K&N actually do a replacement element type for the Cougar, instead preferring to sell their 57i induction kit, but I know that Jetex do one (about £32 + VAT).

Any comments would be most welcome!

Cheers

Andy

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have got the Green Cotton Panel filter and think there is a very small improvement when the filter is clean and a little more induction noise as well.

It is supposed to last around 4- 5 K between cleans but I find it only last about 3K before I can feel the performance drop off and I need to clean it + the cleaning solution (that smells suspiciously like fairy liquid) costs a fortune - I have started using fairy instead and it works just as well.

The Green oil spray is reasonable and last well though.

Sorry I don't know anything about the Jetex Filter

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Green Cotton or Piper Cross ( I think Piper Cross do a panel filter ) and as with Green Cotton you will get a small improveement. Piper cross will be either PP1442 or PP1312.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts