New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search before this post for orange reflector and orange lens, the only good thread was this. It was very helpful for how to open the headlight housing to paint inside and remove the orange lens. I don't want to just remove it, but rather have it a darker tint color similar to the black sidemarkers. I'm not sure if I taking the orange lens out and having it tinted would look good, or if there is a place where I can buy clear lens and tint those. I've got a dark green cougar and want a dark theme. I just replaced my sidemarkers with black ones and now the orange lens stand out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I think you could disassemble the lights, prep the reflector, and use night shades until you get the desired tint.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
sooo...whats ur question???..haha...if your asking about where to get a clear lens to tint what you could do is go to home depot and buy a sheet of that plastic lens lookin stuff and you'd have to cut the shape out and mold it...someone else on here did that...and then tint it i guess...not sure how legal that is but it'll probably look cool...but nobody makes the actual clear lenses so oh well...hope that helps..later on
mark

·
Registered
892 Posts
i've got a 00'. is it the same process ot just take out the orange? i don't want to paint or the night shade. i was just wondering if it has to taken apart differnt or anyting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts