New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interior is stripped so this is the time to do it.. I dont see how you take out that small bulb though?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are talking about the PRND light then it is kinda a pain in the ass, at least it was for me.

It is a common buld, cannot remember which at this time, but you have to pry up the PRND "plate". It will move vertically up the shifter a little, but not much.

From this point I think you simply have to jam your hands in the little space, twist out the bulb, and twist in the new one.

I apologize for the lack of detail in the directions, but it has been quite awhile since I have done this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All you have to do is twist the bulb housing and it will come off of the shift plate, then just pull out the bulb once you can see it. It's a standard 194 bulb, just like in the sidemarkers. It can also be replaced with any color 194 bulb you want.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Mine was pretty easy... didn't have many problems... poped off the shift plate with a flat-head and pulled the bulb right out... not too big of a deal... 3 minute mod that changed the inside look ssoooo much for the better.... i did green and it matches well......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just replaced mine with a blue led 194 bulb after reading this post and having a set of led's nearby. It looks good, almost makes me want to change all the interior lighting to blue but thats probably next to impossible. I thought it was pretty easy. It was kind of tough putting it back in when you have no room to move your hands but definately only a 3 minute mod.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Originally posted by: mp91
I just replaced mine with a blue led 194 bulb after reading this post and having a set of led's nearby. It looks good, almost makes me want to change all the interior lighting to blue but thats probably next to impossible. I thought it was pretty easy. It was kind of tough putting it back in when you have no room to move your hands but definately only a 3 minute mod.
not impossible.. thats what im working on right now.

·
Registered
271 Posts
hey mp91, would you be able to post pics of it lit up. I did this myself a few times. It only takes a minute literally. I did the blue 194 led and it didnt look right. THe little orange bar looked purple and it was too dark, you could barely see the PRND because the blue was bright, but too dark. Just want to see if yours looks any different

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I can get my hands on a digital camera anytime soon I will... I used some bulbs I got on eBay quite a while back which I intended on using in my headlights. The packaging has japanese writing all over it. Mine seems to be very blue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts