New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a brand new cd player and speakers and everything for my old car..then my friend totaled it a day later..so i sued him and got a cougar. Now i have all the stereo stuff and dont know how to get it in my cougar. I cant fnd anywhere to get the stock cd player out..no screwes or anything. Also..does anyone know what size the speakers are and how to install them?? I have a 99 v6 cougar...anyone help please. IM me..masonplaya07

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
to take the deck out you need the "U" shapped tools and you clip them into the stock headunit, you will see 2 holes on each side.

as for the speakers, i have 5x7 and they bolt rite up, no holes needed to be drilled or anything.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
DO A SEARCH FOR IT!! We are here to help you not baby you.

and you can get the U shaped tools at Wal-Mart

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
lol ....yup third tab over is the searh tab...

this question has been asked a milion and one times...and sadly answered everytime...

welcome to the boards and take a look around i am sure 99% of your answers can be found in the seach menu.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey how did u make the U shaped tool out of a coat hanger??? i cant figure it out..i cut a hanger..put it in a U shape..then put it in the holes and messed around with it..didnt hear it click into anything tho. I still cant figure out how to get the stock headunit out..its really gettin annoying..thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.