New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to remove the small vents that are on both side of upper dash board.......They are the ones that blow air onto the windows......

Sassy's Man Ron:smoke-t:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Aren't those vents just a part of the dash panel they're in? So you would have to remove the dash pieces, but I don't even know if they're separate pieces...

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Ron, the driver's side vent is built into the larger part that covers the cluster and houses 3 of the vents.... if you're looking to paint it you'll probably just have to tape it off and paint it that way. the vent on the passenger side pops out.. there is a screw in there though, but i don't think it has to be taken out to pull out the vent...

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I think for the passenger side vent you have to take out the glove box, then you can reach the screw that way. I tried everything to get that vent out and I couldn't do it, I think the screw has to be taken out.

Mike

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
thats correct, you have to remove the glove box and the screw. then pull really hard. there is a hose connected to the vent after you paint it its a real pain in the arse to get the hose back on i would just tape it off and paint it. It took me 30 mins to get it out and 3 days to put it back on....lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.