New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing speakers in the back of my car, and it's a pain in the a$$ trying to work with those side panels bent downward. I've decided that while I'm in there, I'm going to dynamat the whole thing and be done with it. So I've been playing with these panels, trying to figure out how to get them completely off, and can't figure it out. I've got the whole panel free, except the bottom is still attached. It's apparently screwed down, but I can't figure out where. Do you have to go under the car to get to the screw? Or is it attached some other way that I'm not seeing? I would have looked down there, but it's been raining all day and I didn't feel like getting wet and muddy just to find out that I'm wrong.

I know some of you guys have to have done this before. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Remove the rear seat bench, all will be easy after that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well... how do I do that? I was checking that out today for a second, are the back rests seperate from the seats, or is it all one piece? are the seats (bottom half) held in with just bolts? I'll check it out more tomorrow, I figured the side panels would come off without removing the seats, so I wasn't paying much attention to them.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
there are like 4 screws you need to undo.... lift up the rear seat cushion on the side and you will see the 2 screws underneath that you are problay missing.... once you get the screws out you just lift up the panel... its pretty big and cumbersome but you should be able to get both panels out in like 20 minutes...

while they are out do this as well... ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured it out. There's a screw hidden in the carpet that I didn't see. heh, now I have to figure out why my speaker sounds like ass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts