New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the life of me, I can get those rear seats out (the top parts). How do you unbolt them. Is it the bolts on the back under the cloth or is there a better way.

~Terry

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
to get the rear seats out. take a torques head socket and remove the bolts from behind the cloth on the back side of the seat. then repeat process to other side. then simply use the same socket and remove the bracket. to get the bottom out i just gave it some southern engineering and gave it a big yank. presto now you have room for whatever you need back there. i keep a bike and two five gallon tanks. enjoy.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt have a torque wrench on me when I tried (just one of those screw driver attachments). Those bolts were on so tightly that I thought it probably wasnt a smart idea. I'll try again with an actual wrench.

~Terry

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup my mistake, I just wasnt thinking. I got the seats taken care of, just needed something bigger than my wimpy screwdriver. , now I just have to deal with that driver airbag.

~Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.