New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my stupid f*cking dealer put painted pin stripes on the car and i have no idea how to get them off without hurting the paint under them. parts of the stripe had already came off and i can tell the paint is fine there, but am unsure how to take the rest off.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Anyway you can get a finger nail under em? I had pinstripping on an old Sunfire and got rid of em that way. If you can just pull slow and at a lil bit of an angle.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Hair dryer, and pull back at a severe angle (160+ degrees), and it should come off, no problem. Make sure you have some 3m Adhesive remover, or the like, to take off the residue.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, maybe you guys didn't understand me. they are not vinyl, they are painted. as in PAINT!! parts had already flaked off and i could see paint behind there. the paint on the car still has the clear coat on it, so is there anyways to strip paint without hurting clear coat? i need these stripes off so i can put vinyl graphics down the side of the car (but they aren't going on til spring), but i still want the stripes off now to give my car the 'clean' look. thanks

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
if the paint is starting to flake off from the clear coat on the car, you should be able to just scrape it off with your fingernail. It might take a while, and I don't think you'll hurt the clear coat cuz that's pretty much cured.

Mike

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks. looks like i better get started, as i can see this is gonna take while. hope i don't break a nail:tongue:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts